Ch. 5 - Mackenzie

The lunchtime bell rings and everyone leaves the cafeteria.

Nicole follows me out and walks with me to my locker.

"Can I borrow your gym clothes? I forgot mine and Mr. Carusa will make me wear those old gym clothes in the lost and found that could've been there for years" Nicole asks me.

"Uhh, yeah sure" I reply.

As I open my locker, a little white envelope slips out. I pick it up.

"OMG, thats an invitation to Johnny's party!!" Nicole squeals.

I stare at the invitation disbelievingly.

"Oh no, it can't be..." I say quickly.

"Then open it!" Nicole says excitedly.

I open the envelope and take out the card inside it. Yep, its an invitation, to Johnny's party...

You have been invited to Johnny Orlando's party on Friday night.

Venue: His House

Date: Friday 14th Feb

Time: 8:30 pm

Dress Code:
Dressy
Casual

Theme:
Under the Stars

"Too bad you're not going" Nicole says. "Or have you changed you're mind?"

"I dunno" I say.

"Well if you do change your mind , just let me know. I'll take you shopping if you want?"

"Ok thanks" I say.

Nicole spins on her heels and starts walking away. She stops and walks back to me.

"Ehhh, the gym clothes?" she asks sheepily.

I take my gym clothes and give them to her.

"Here" I say.

"Thanks!!" Nicole says as she speeds off to get changed for gym class.

The bell signalling that class is about to start rings and I close my locker, stuff Johnny's invitation in my pocket and make my way to class.

Smiling to myself, I think Maybe I was wrong about us being enemies...