Ch. 28 - Johnny

Its Sunday evening and me and Mackenzie are in my house. We have just finished recording our song 'Day and Night'.

We're watching a movie in the sitting room, when my phone buzzes with a text.

Hi Johnny, its Nadia. I wanted to remind you that the science fair is tomorrow and we haven't started our project yet.

"Shit." I say.

"What's wrong?" Mackenzie asks me.

"The science fair is tomorrow and I haven't started my project yet!" I say.

"Tomorrow?!" Mackenzie yelps.
"Crap. I haven't done mine either. I gotta go meet Jessica."

Mackenzie hurrys to Jessica's house.

I text Nadia back.

Can we do it at your's?

Sure.

I rush to Nadia's house and I'm there in three minutes.

"Okay! Do you know what we're doing?" I ask.

"Fortunately for you, I do." Nadia smiles.

We stay up till 2am doing our project.

***

"Very good." says Mrs. Kennedy, our science teacher says as she's going around giving out grades for the science projects.

She comes to our one.

"What's this?" she says, coming to a stop at our table.

"Capillary Action of Water in Plants, miss" Nadia answers.

She explains our project to Mrs. Kennedy. Mrs. Kennedy nods in approval. She gives us our grade.

"How'd we do?" I ask.

"Come see for yourself." Nadia says.

This is it! We've gotten an F. We've failed. I say to myself.

"We got an A?!" I say, shocked. "I've never gotten an A in my life!"

"Well, you have now." Nadia says, "Uh, Johnny?"

"Yeah?" I ask.

"I'm really sorry."

"About what?"

"I really messed up, didn't I?"

"What are you talking about?" I say confused.

"I got in the way of you and Mackenzie. I came over that day because I knew Mackenzie would be there. I told you what Hayden told me in your sitting room because I was kinda hoping she'd hear. When we were dating it more of a best friend relationship than a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship. But you two are perfect and I guess I was jealous of that. I'm really sorry, its all my  fault you and Mackenzie broke up." Nadia says sadly.

"We didn't break up." I say.

"You didn't?" she asks.

"Yeah." I say.

She sighs with relief.

"Can you forgive me?" she asks hopefully.

"Already done." I say. "Even though we're not dating anymore you'll always be one of my best friends."