Ch. 8 - Johnny

Suprisingly, I am early getting ready for school. Normally, it'll take 10 "just five more minutes" to  get me up but today is different.

I want to get a good seat on the bus. Lets just say, I don't exactly want to sit beside Mackenzie again since I invited her to my party because I don't know how she will react. She probably won't come anyway.

I don't know exactly how me and Mackenzie became enemies. We're not actually enemies. She just always hated me and made it clear that we were not going to be friends so I did the same thing.

When I get on the bus, I see that I am one of the first people so I pick my seat near the back. After sitting there for about five minutes, everyone else starts to pile in. Hayden sits beside me.

"Hey" he says.

"Hey" I say.

"Did you invite Mackenzie to your party?" Hayden asks.

"Yeah" I reply.

"Have you found out whether she's coming or not?"

"No" I say.

"You should" Hayden says.

"How?"

"Ask her." Hayden replies

"How am I supposed to do that. I'll just be like "Hey Mackenzie I know we're enemies and both hate each other but hey? Are you going to my party. Not that it'll be weird going to your enemy's party" I say.

"Just text her then" Hayden says, like texting your enemy is a normal thing.

"Fine" I say.

I scroll through my contacts looking for Mackenzie's number.
I don't have it.

"Ehhh, Hayden? Do you have Mackenzie's phone number?" I ask.

"You're kidding, right? You've been in the same class as her for 4 years and you don't have her number?!" Hayden says but he gives it to me anyway.

Hi Mackenzie, I wanted to know if you're coming to my party or not so I know who's coming. Thanks.

"She's not going to reply anyway" I say to Hayden, just as Mackenzie replies.

"She's not going to reply, eh?" Hayden says, smirking.

Yes, I am coming x

I look at the text disbelievingly.

"What's wrong? You look like you've just seen a ghost." Hayden asks.

"She's coming" I say quietly.