Ch. 13 - Mackenzie

I'm sitting on Nicole's bed with Jessica and Katie, getting ready for Johnny's party. We're waiting for Nicole, who went to get some nail polish so we could paint our nails. It's 5pm now so we have 3 hours to get ready.

Nicole comes into the room with four packets of fake nails.

"What happened to the nail polish?" Jessica asks.

"I couldn't find any that match with the party theme so I thought we could use these instead!" Nicole says happily, "Besides, these are much nicer"

Nicole saunters over to us and plops herself down on the bed.

"Red gel nails for Kenzie" she says, as she hands out the nail packs."Purple gel nails for Jessica, Blue gel nails for Katie and Pink gel nails for moi!"

After carefully applying our fake nails, we dress up and allow Nicole to do our make-up and hair. She works on me first.

Nicole puts glittery red eyeshadow on my eyelids to match with my fake nails and applys a hot pink shade of lipstick on my lips. I put on mascara by myself, not risking Nicole jabbing me in the eye.

Nicole then moves on to my hair, straightening it and adding glitter here and there.

"After all the theme of the party is 'Under the Stars'! Also, glitter adds to the look" Nicole had said when I complained about the amount of glitter she was throwing on me.

"Voilà!" Nicole exclaims, "This is the true work of Madame Nicole Riley!"

I stand up and take a look in the mirror. What I see staring back at me is exceptional. My new black minidress goes extremly well with my Adidas superstars and my make-up looks so beautiful, so glittery. Nicole was right the glitter does add a nice touch.

"Wow" I say.

"Ooh, I almost forgot the finishing touch." Nicole says. She fishes out a cream from her make-up bag and gives it to me to rub on my skin.

"What's this?" I ask, as I rub it on my skin.

"It's a cream. It makes your skin ultra-glittery"

I roll my eyes, Nicole and her glitter!

***

By the time Nicole finishes working her magic on Jessica, Katie and herself it is 8pm. Half an hour till the party.

Nicole's dad drives us to the party and gives us a stern talking to.

"I'll be hear to pick you girls up by 10pm, no later. Got it?" He tells us after ending his lecture.

We all nod our heads.

"Okay then, be good!" He says to us before driving off.

We walk up to the front door of Johnny's house and knock.
A blonde haired girl answers the door.

"Invitation" she says.

We show her our invites and we enter the party. The party is amazing. It really is 'Under the Stars'. There's glitter all around, twinkling in the room. There's music and a packed dance floor, coloured lights overhead and a DJ bouncing and dancing to the music.

I look around, awestruck at how amazingly beautiful it looks.

I see Johnny talking to some friends near the corner. As if on cue, his eyes glance up and lock with mine. I've never noticed how cute Johnny is before. Blonde hair, green eyes.

"Let's go say hi" Nicole says, spotting me looking at him.
She drags us all over.

"Hey Johnny," she says, "Cool party"

"Thanks" he says, "You girls look great!"

"You too" Jessica says.

"Yeahhhhhhh" says Katie.

I look over at Katie, Jessica and Nicole. I can't believe I didn't notice that they all have a crush on Johnny. No wonder they tried so hard to look amazing tonight.

Johnny goes off, to join his friends and to say hello to everyone else.

"He's so hot" Nicole says.

"Yeah, too bad he already has a girlfriend..."