10 [A Spark]

Alisa fiddled around with the figure of Setg'in'ka she carved from the piece of wood she asked him to get a few days ago. Today was the first that she was alone, since Setg'in'ka told her that he went to get some food for her. Well not actually told but wrote in the mud.

       She sighed realizing how boring and quiet it was when he wasn't around. It's been a week now since Alisa met him and she wondered how Greg and the others were doing. Would they be looking for her? Alisa kinda wished they weren't, since if she was found by them, then she wouldn't be with Setg'in'ka anymore.

        Alisa laid the wooden figure on the rock and laid her head on the palm of her hands looking at the trees in front of her. She sliently sighed to herself as her mind went back to thinking about Setg'in'ka. Alisa didn't know why, but now when she was bored, she would think about him. How he protect her from the tiger, how he hugged her, how he fixed her wound, and everything else he has done for her.

        She smiled at the thoughts but she didn't notice someone sneaking up behind her. Till she heard a purr and Alisa's slightly jumped from being startled. She turned around to see a confused Setg'in'ka, probably wondering why she jumped when she heard him. Alisa smiled, "Sorry, you just startled me for a second since I didn't know you were behind me." He nodded understanding glad that she wasn't scared of him.

        "Did you catch anything?" Setg'in'ka nodded and took out a bag and gave to her. Alisa grabbed it and looked inside seeing pieces of meat she knew was probably from the animals he caught. "Thank you, and I'll start cooking it soon." Alisa said as she put the bag beside the rock and Setg'in'ka nodded.

       Hours passed and Alisa sat beside a fire she made earlier. She held branch that had a very large piece of meat and a smaller piece of meat for both her and Setg'in'ka. Setg'in'ka stood a bit away from the fire, his form was lit up from the glowing of the fire. He stood and watched Alisa cook, accidentally admiring her from where he stood.

        That is till Alisa turned her head at him and he quickly looked another way. She laughed then went back to cooking their food as he went back to looking at her. Ever since they met, Setg'in'ka and grown a soft spot for her. He was always the quiet, not popular, and not happy one on his planet, but for some reason, Alisa made him act different around her.

        He was cut out of his trance when he heard Alisa call him. "Hey, the food's done." Setg'in'ka walked over to her and sat down only a foot away from her. Alisa took off the large piece of meat and gave to him as she took the smaller one for her. He clicked at her and she nodded taking it as a thank you.

        They ate in silence, looking at the fire's glow and the sparks floating up into the sky. The silence wasn't awkward but instead it was a  comfortable one.

        "I know I said it before, but thank you, well for everything." Alisa said as they both finished their meals. Setg'in'ka nodded and looked over at her. "Can I ask you a question?" He nodded and she turned towards him. "How come you didn't kill me? And yes, I know that you killed Liam. But you didn't kill me, why?"

        Setg'in'ka knew she would soon ask that but he still didn't know how to answer her question. He was still trying to answer it himself.

       "Look, you don't have to answer it if you don't want to, I was just, wondering." Alisa said looking down and Setg'in'ka laid his hand on her shoulder. She slightly looked up at him and at times like this, he hated it that each time she looked at him she couldn't see his face. He looked through the strands of hair that were covering her face and saw that her eyes were on the verge of letting off tears.

       Setg'in'ka slowly sat closer to her to where his shoulder was touching hers and he gently wrapped his arms around her. Alisa tried to hold back the tears but when one was set loose, the rest followed. She closed her eyes and cried, her body slightly shaking. When she felt his arms go around her, she leaned in into him.

      Alisa continued to cry as she laid her head against his chest. Setg'in'ka gently rubbed her back and soon the only thing left was small sniffles and a frown. Alisa didn't know why she cried but she didn't want Setg'in'ka to let her go just yet. So when she felt him beginning to move his arms away she said in a small raspy voice, "C-can you j-just keep holding me for o-only a few more minutes?" 

        Setg'in'ka laid his arms around her a bit more firmer, letting Alisa lay against his chest. He knew she wasn't crying anymore, but her eyes were swollen and her voice was dry. Even though she was just crying, he liked the feeling of her body against his, and the feeling of his arms around her as well.

       As the minutes passed, he heard a soft snore and he looked down. Alisa had her eyes closed and her breathing was calm. Setg'in'ka smiled at the sight but he didn't move her away from him, he instead laid his head on top of hers and closed his eyes. As he slowly fell asleep next to her, he felt a spark inside him as he felt Alisa's sleeping form beside against him and soon he fell asleep as well.