Chapter One~ Ezra

A/N This is the first of many novels that I plan to write. There's two rival high schools in my made up Florida town, Spring Field, and Valley falls, and apparently everyone in theses high schools are gay. (Each novel is a stand alone so it is not required that you read the ones before it)

Anyway, Ezra Drake is going to start me off at Springfield.

4/9/24 Hello yall! Due to Wattpad's new restrictions, I;ve gone through and removed sex scenes from this book. I'm sorry it's come to this, but I'd rather have it up without sex scenes, than have the whole thing get removed. I'm going to look into maybe posting them on my patreon, but I have a lot more work to do on the other books first. Thanks

He was the kind of boy who giggled.

To be 'funny', he kept his bangs pinned from his brown eyes with sparkly hair clips, which were usually an unnecessarily vibrant color. Most days he chose to wear jeans so tight they might as well have been spray painted on, leaving little to the imagination and distracting even those who didn't wish to be distracted. He owned purple converse with navy laces, and seems to have an endless supply of tight fitting shirts that rode up when he flailed his arms around-which he often did during the fits of excitement that overcame him. He was annoying, short, giddy, and frustratingly, he was the smartest out of all of them.

These were all qualities that made up who he was, but surprisingly, none of these were what was most interesting about him. When people at school talked about Adrian Vang, the first thing that came up wasn't the color of his shoes, but the fact that he was the only person Ezra Drake had ever hated.

A life of hating Adrian Vang was a complicated one. For starters, Ezra was constantly being questioned on his reason for being cold to the small boy who everyone else seemed to adore. It was always hard to find an answer that satisfied the integrator, but perhaps that was just because Ezra really didn't have a good reason; he just hated everything about him. When he tried to investigate this in his own, he couldn't exactly explain why he hated the things he did about Adrian, he just understood that when he looked at the other boy, really looked at him and took in everything there was to take in, something inside him burned. Burned with the deepest form of hatred he'd ever come to know.

He hated Adrian's quirky smile, hated the way his eyes crinkled and shrunk in size when he was overjoyed, hated his sweet laugh and the way his cheeks flushed with happiness, but nothing about Adrian's delighted expression really bothered Ezra. It just the idea that Adrian was happy that had him scowling into his hand so no one caught his distaste and told him off for disliking such an "angel". Ezra despised this so called sweetness, but even he didn't understand why it made him feel the way it did.

Every so often he would get called racist by people who had caught him eyeing the underclassman in distaste, or scowling in his general direction; Ezra both quite often. Just because he's asian doesn't mean you have to look at him like that, was one of the most common accusations, but that was probably the one issue that he didn't have with Adrian. Anyone who really knew anything about Ezra wouldn't even think to accuse him of racism.

It was a known fact-actually, maybe not so known with the number of people who'd accused Ezra of discrimination due to race- that Ezra had been adopted at the age of two by undoubtedly the happiest couple in the world. They were young, infertile, and one hundred percent Korean.

So no. Ezra had no problem with Asians.

The mystery of his hatred towards the small boy remained unsolved, even to Ezra himself, and he decided it was bound time that he fix that.

  Ezra sat in the back of his English class, surrounded by the three boys from his soccer team who had the privilege of being known as his close friends. There was a notebook in the center of his desk that was covered in his messy scrawl with bullet points that varied in size down the left size of the page. Written after each were the many reasons that Ezra hated Adrian, and he had come up with all thirty of them in the last twenty minutes. Spencer, his best friend, kept glancing at the paper, and then to Adrian.