Chapter Ten~ Adrian

"Yeah," Adrian said, though he wasn't really listening to Osmond as he spoke. The freshman had come to his table for lunch since Helen was angry at him and her spot was empty, and as much as Adrian wanted to tell him to go away, he knew that he boy didn't exactly have a surplus of friends, most likely due to his straight-forwardness and ability to zero in on people's biggest insecurities.

"You're clearly not listening to me," Osmond said, and Adrian's eyes focused on him. He was once again struck by his attractiveness, and Osmond's eyes narrowed.

"I was," Adrian protested, though it didn't have it's usual fire.

"Adrian, you can't lie to me. I can tell by your eyes. Everyone is the same". Osmond leaned forwards, as if he was going to tell him a secret. "I'm going to tell you something I've never told anyone before, okay?" he sounded so serious and Adrian nodded eagerly. "When I was younger, only an eight year old boy, my best friend, Jimmy, his name was, disappeared". Adrian's eyes widened. "I was determined to find out what happened to him, but my parents didn't want me to. They told me to leave it alone, and that it didn't matter what happened to him".

"They didn't care about your best friend missing?"

"Don't interrupt," Osmond snapped, and Adrian reminded himself of the younger's temper. "Jesus fuck, and it was just about to get intense".

"I'm sorry. Continue please".

"Right. Well I saw there was something off about my parents, and I asked them about Jimmy so many times, and every time they lied to me and said they didn't know anything. They lied, so many times that once I found out the truth, I was already an expert at deciphering lies". Adrian raised his eyebrows.

"Well what was the truth?" he asked eagerly and Osmond looked surprised.

"I didn't think that far ahead," he said simply, looking down at the burger on his tray.

Adrian was extremely confused. "What?"

Osmond laughed and it was a beautiful but rare sound. "That was all bull shit. I don't talk about my parents. You know that". This was true. Something had happened with Osmond's parents, and the boy never talked about it.

"Then how did you know I was lying?" Adrian asked, annoyed with the smaller who's face had gone back to it's normal blank expression.

"I was talking about my crippling depression for a while and you usually at least have the courtesy to look sympathetic". Adrian dropped his eyes, feeling guilty. "Also, for the last five minutes, only to see if you were paying attention, of course, I was talking about bending you over this table and fucking you". Adrian choked on his drink and Osmond rolled his eyes. "You were really out of it. What were you looking at?"

What he had been looking at was the back of Ezra's head for the past twenty minutes, but didn't want to admit this to Osmond, who, and Adrian wouldn't tell him that he realized this, had a minor crush on him and had for the past three months. "Uh, nothing," Adrian said quietly, though his eyes flicked away from the freshman to the senior behind him.

"You're having boy problems," Osmond said, and when Adrian looked at him he was unsurprised to see that the boy's face was still expressionless. "Does it have something to do with Ezra Drake coming to talk to you?"

Adrian studied this boy. He could tell him the truth and potentially hurt him, or he could lie and give him false hope. "You can't tell anyone about the things I'm about to tell you". Osmond's face remained hard. "Please Oz".

His expression softened. "Of course I won't say anything".

Adrian sighed loudly. "I'm supposed to tutor him for language arts because if he fails, he'll get kicked off of the soccer team".