Chapter Eleven~ Ezra

Ezra was assaulted the second his car door slammed behind him. "What the fuck?"

Adrian's friend, Helen, Ezra recalled her name being, pinned him up against his car door, pressing his body there so hard that it hurt. He tried to push her back, but it was no use. "What are you doing here?" Ezra asked. It was only six in the morning due to early soccer practice, and usually only the players were here early. She completely ignored his question, looking furious.

"What did you do to him?" There was only one him that she could be talking about. Ezra swallowed.

Had Adrian told Helen that he, not once, but twice had sex with him and then told him that he didn't know if it was what he wanted. That would be an understandable reason for someone to be mad, Ezra thought. "I told him that I didn't know what I wanted".

"Well you made him cry". No. That was the last thing Ezra wanted. He had told Adrian that he wasn't sure of his feeling specifically so he wouldn't hurt the boy. His shame must have shown on his face because she commented, "yeah, you prick. Feel bad. He was sobbing yesterday and I-"

"Yesterday?" Ezra asked, furrowing his eyebrows. "I told him this on friday. The day I met you". Helen looked extremely confused and took a quick step back.

"You didn't do anything to him yesterday?" She asked, and Ezra shook his head.

"I didn't even talk to him yesterday," Ezra said. She was quiet for a very long time.

"David". Ezra had heard that name before and was about to ask about it, but she turned and left him.

"What was that about?" Spence asked, joining him and Ezra shrugged.

"Someone made Adrian cry yesterday". Even when it was him saying the words they made him angry. His jaw clenched and Spencer studied his expression.

"Ezra, I've never seen you act this way before. For anyone," he said, and Ezra's eyes widened as he looked at Spencer quickly. The boy stared back with unblinking blue eyes, seeming bored with the conversation.

"What are you saying, man?" Ezra asked, and Spencer shrugged and turned. Ezra thought he was leaving him behind, but Spencer glanced over his shoulder when he realized his best friend wasn't following.

"Come on man, we're going to late and I don't want to do suicides". Ezra jogged to catch up and then they walked at a fast pace towards the field. "You have some kind of connection with him. I don't know what it is, but you see him differently than you do others". Ezra had never really compared his feelings for Adrian to his feelings for everyone else. "Maybe you see him as a little brother or some shit like that, but I don't think so. It's different than that. It's more".

Ezra swallowed. Was it? He didn't know what more felt like. He had never been in a relationship that was more than a fuck.

"I don't know what I want Spencer," he said. They had reached the field and slowed their pace as they crossed it, noticing that they weren't the only ones missing.

"You should find out soon," Spencer advised, "If another boy is making him cry, that's not a good sign for you".

"It might not have been a guy," Ezra protested, but all he could think about was the name David. "Besides. Why should I be worried if this guy is making him cry?"

Spencer glanced at him out of the corner of his eye like he was stupid, and as his head turned, Ezra noticed a red mark just above the collar of his friend's shirt. This image was immediately wiped from Ezra's mind as he processed his best friends next words. "You only cry if you care".