Chapter 26 (Part 1)

I hope you guys enjoyed the last chapter….. :) I know I did!

Back to our hero and heroine, let’s see what life has in store for them now…

TPL Chapter 26 Part 1

******************************************************************

James fingered the note he had found on Olivia’s gown the day he had rescued her from the stables. It had been three days since, and according to the note, just a day before he had to meet the perpetrator of the attacks on his wife’s life. The missive was simply worded –

                             Winchester,

                             This time I let her live. The next time, who can say?

                             Meet me five days from now, at the place and time where your

                             dearest mother took her last breath.

                             It is only fitting that you do the same.

                                                                            -C

Unfortunately, Olivia had been the one to notice it first after he had untied her and helped her stand up. Now he could not hide the facts about his mother from her. Though she had been very discreet by not asking him anything, he knew that he owed it to her to tell her the entire story, even about him being a spy, since that was what had got her into so much trouble in the first place.

He was at that moment, waiting for her to come to his study. They had arrived at his town house the previous evening, and the news of their arrival had spread like wildfire, and the silver salver Pemberly had brought to them at breakfast had been piled high with invitations to every ball and soiree taking place in the next seven days.

Olivia had looked at them fleetingly, smiled at the number of them, and resumed eating her toast. Puzzled at her behavior, James had queried her and she had replied simply, ” We can attend as many events as we like, but after we catch him.”

He had tried to dissuade her from getting involved in this as it was extremely dangerous, but she had firmly ignored him and continued doing whatever she had been doing before he had spoken. He hadn’t the heart, nor the will to argue with her, so he had brought her along with him.

Just then a knock sounded on the door.”Enter”, said James, rising to his feet when as Olivia swept into the room, dressed today in a day dress of lavender silk, a clever little hat placed on her head. She had purchased it on Bond street just a few days before their marriage, and had longed to wear it since. James looked properly appreciative of her attire, his gaze making a slow sweep from her head to her toe, making her squirm slightly.

“Madam wife, allow me to tell you how beautiful you look today. I can scarcely breathe, you look so gorgeous.” Walking towards her, James was assailed by the flowery scent that always seemed to accompany her wherever she went. The scent he had come to identify as Olivia’s own.

She was trying valiantly to hold back her blush, staring determinedly at the floor. He so rarely got to see her so flustered, and he loved that he was the one to make her feel so.

James put a finger to her chin, gently forcing her to look up.

And was undone at the emotion in her eyes.

*********************************************************************

Olivia wondered how it was that a simple compliment from her pirate had the ability to make her heart flop around in her chest like a fish out of water. Oh, how she loved this man. But how could she tell him? After all, everyone knew that men of the ton never married for love. This line of thought, brought a sheen of tears to her eyes, but she stopped herself before she shed any of them.

Just then her husband tipped her chin up, and the desire she saw in his warm gaze fanned the fires of her own. She had never known herself to be such a wanton, never had any other gentleman made her feel this way. Maybe it was just James. Just her pirate.

When he lowered his lips to hers, she breathed in the warm musky scent that was as much a part of him as his piercing grey eyes and raven black locks. He ran a hand from the nape of her neck to her lower back, making her shiver. Applying a little pressure, the remaining distance between them vanished and her hands came up to tangle in his hair reveling in its soft texture.

This time he didn’t have to ask for entrance into the sweet cave of honey that was her mouth. As the pleasure built, Olivia deepened the kiss by herself pulling him impossibly closer, as if to blend them into one being. James deep growl of pleasure, however elicited a giggle from her mouth.

James was not happy the kiss had ended. Jerking Olivia to him, he asked, ”What amuses you so darling?”

His voice came out gruff, but Olivia was not deterred. Staring endearingly at him she replied, ”I love you, James.”

James felt as if there was no air left in the room. She loved him? Him? Love? But before he could think any further, She laid a hand on his cheek, saying softly, ”James, do not be alarmed. Love is not a burden, it is something that sets you free. Even if you do not love me, it does not matter. Even if you care for me a little, I shall be content.”

He replied harshly, ”Of course I care for you Olivia!” Overwhelmed by the palpable emotions in the room, he crushed her tightly to his chest, as if he never wanted to let her go. For now, this is enough, thought Olivia, smiling against his jacket.

After a few moments of standing close together, Olivia piped up.”What about that dastardly man James? What are we going to do about him? “

James sighed. She was not going to let it go this easily. He would have to leave her behind tomorrow, though he knew she would insist on coming. And he could not bear to put her in harm’s way one more time. His nerves would not be able to withstand it one more time. But for now he had to tell her about his mother.

“Olivia, come with me.”With one last kiss on her forehead, he led her to the divan placed near the window and drew her to sit beside him, thinking of how to tell her that he had killed his mother.

********************************************************************

OMG! That was totally unexpected!!!!! :O

Don’t hate me too much, coz I still love you ppl!! >:)

Vote and comment!

Ciao!

~shreya07