New Beginnings

So I've decided to give y'all a little more info on Jane and Elizabeth.... Which I forgot to do in the epilogue.. :P (Typical me, I know) Anywho, this is gonna be short but it'll clear things up for you guys...

Dedicated to @JenniferRossOrtiz for noticing shy little Jane in the epilogue! :) Yeah you can go back and search for her! :P

The AMAZING new cover is made by @Kassilassie!!! Her work is amazing, go check it out! Thanks Kassi! :)

Plz read the A/N at the end, it's good news! :)

TPL- New Beginnings

(This starts in the part of the epilogue where the first course is served after the toast)

****************************************************************************

"Thank you all for your kind wishes," said James and Olivia in unison, and motioned to the footmen to begin serving the first course.

As the curried parsnip soup was placed before her, Olivia took a moment to just admire the people around her. Her family. Not all of them were bound by blood, but they were family nonetheless. She was happy that Jane had become comfortable at Bentham, and was even now chatting animatedly with her mother, while the duchess laughed gaily at some comment she had made.

Thinking back to the day when Jane had arrived on their doorstep in London, hiding behind Eunice, made Olivia smile. True, both she and James had been shocked when Eunice had asked them to take care of her daughter and James half-sister, but they could not have gone back on their word, so they had to agree.

But shy little Jane, with her sharp wit and interest in all things botanical, had melted even James's hardened heart. Though she had been so quiet and afraid of James in the beginning, no one would know it from how she was now.

Although it had been tricky to launch her in the ton as James legitimate sister, with the support from her parents, Elizabeth's aunt Cleo, Conrad and even George's parents, both were ducal heirs after all, they had managed to curb the most poisonous of the wagging tonguesof the ton.

Though there were still a few who whispered when she entered the room, Olivia was confident that Jane would secure an excellent match, one built on love and not to acquire her sizable dowry, which had been provided by her father and added to by James, darling that he was. Olivia would certainly not allow her to marry for anything less than love. Speaking of a match for Jane, George had not been able to attend due to work at the W.O. There was something major afoot, but James had not informed her about it. She had better ask him later.

Olivia thought of Jane as the little sister she never had, doting on her like a mother hen, much to her husband's amusement. James was the one to sense when Jane was overwhelmed by his enthusiastic but loving wife, and was quick to drag her away, and if she protested, as she did most vehemently, he knew how to make her amiable to the idea of a rendezvous to their bedroom, especially after he'd swept her off her feet into his arms, nibbling along her neck to that sensitive spot behind her ear, as he took the steps two at a time.

Blushing at those memories, Olivia shifted her attention to Elizabeth North. If there was anyone who deserved happiness more than her, it was Beth. They had become fast friends in the past nine months, lady spies for London, and Beth was the one who had trained Olivia in the art of stealth.

But the poor dear was unmarried, and it pained Olivia to admit, on the path to spinsterhood at twenty five years of age. But there was something between her and Conrad, it showed in the way they looked at each other when they thought no one was looking.

But to look at them now! Seated across from each other, the looks that sizzled between them were confusing for an onlooker to decipher, and Olivia did not like being confused. Their looks had anger, hurt and surprisingly desire in them, and this confused Olivia to no end.

She remembered what Beth had told her about Connie, but that had been years ago! Sadly, she wondered how long they would take to see what was just under their stubborn noses. Hopefully it would not be too late, she knew for a fact that Connie's mother was insisting he settle down soon, the years without him had brought her to the decision that he needed a wife and children in his life. And Conrad loved his mother enough to abide by her wishes.  

Oh Beth, I do hope you know what you are doing, thought Olivia. Though it wouldn't hurt to go pay a call on Aunt Cleo and Aileen Brighton.

It was in their best interests after all.

Warming up to the idea, she was startled as a hand enveloped hers suddenly. Looking up into James warm gaze, she felt her cheeks take on a delightful pink tinge, sure that her Pirate had read her matchmaking mind.

Leaning close to her ear he whispered, "I can't wait for lunch to end, Siren. When we can be alone, and I can do everything that I have been craving to do for the past three months." He grinned wolfishly at her flaming cheeks, and her mumbled protests that she had to go feed Ethan after lunch.

"Worry not, my love, for I will find you afterwards," he growled playfully, to which she replied, "You won't have to search for long, James, because I will wait for you in the same place as always- in your heart"

************************************************************************************

So the new book is called 'The Spy's Lady'AND IT IS OUT! CHECK IT OUT ON MY PROFILE, OR HERE'S THE LINK - http://www.wattpad.com/58214017-the-spy%27s-lady

It's Conrad and Elizabeth's story, aaaaaand they have some history between them! I have a lotta ideas, hope I can express them well enough for you guys!

Thank you all for being just so damn wonderful, and I hope you are the same for the rest of my stories! You can recommend TPL to any of your friends if you'd like, it means a lot!

Good bye ppl! :)

~Shreya