4. The Legend

Chapter4

At the Cabin

Chloe walks into the cabin and collapse on the bed immediately from the long hike back. Then she heard the door slams. She pulls the covers over her head and tries to block the screams and yells she is about to hear.

“Why the hell you didn’t wait until my call. How you expect me to protect you if you doing stupid things and making stupid decisions. And I never agreed to this. Okay that was a close one. Are you listening to me?” Violet yells.

Chloe slowly turn over and says, “You just ask me five questions and honestly I don’t feel like explaining myself. Okay I’m tired and my feet hurt. So can you just wait until tomorrow to burst my bubble?”

Violet looks and notices how bad she looks and just walks out the door and heads home.

The next day Violet wakes up 1 hour earlier so she could head to the cabin to have a decent conversation with Chloe. When she arrives she knocks on the door and enters slowly. She sees Chloe still sleep and she giggles to herself when she sees Chloe wiggle her nose. Then she heads to the kitchen and cooks breakfast. She pulls some eggs and ham out making a ham and cheese omelet for Chloe and herself.

Chloe wakes up to the smell of food. She rolls out the bed and heads in the kitchen surprise to see Violet cooking.

“Good Morning.” Violet says smiling

“Good Morning. God that smells so good.” Chloe answers then sits at the kitchen table she got from some junkyard.

Violet put the omelets on separate plates and brings them to the table. When she sits down they both sit in quiet.

“So how was your first day of school besides the drama?” Violet asks breaking the silence.

Chloe pulls her head up smiling, “Really you want to know?” she asks curiously

“Yes, crazy didn’t I ask.” Violet answers putting the last piece of omelet in her mouth.

“Well at first I was really nervous but then when I and Abby became friends…” Chloe says getting the plates washing them out. “Everything starts feeling normal and then you know I kind of saw you in the hallway eyeing me like you wanted to slaughter me.” Violet explains.

Violet laughs, “I wasn’t going to slaughter you. Just kind of angry I don’t even know why I was. I’m sorry it was your decision, it’s just I was… Violet trails off.

Chloe finish Violet sentence, “you were worried.”

Violet looks at Chloe and starts rubbing the back of head, “No not worried just kind of nervous, hate being in situations like that.”

Chloe looks in Violet eyes trying to read her but she couldn’t.

“Well almost time for school I can give you a ride closer to town. Hate that you have to walk so far, I’m going to try to find you a bike or something.” Violet says walking out the kitchen.

Violet drop Chloe in the back of the school where no one would see them.

In School

Chloe and Abby were talking about English homework until a handsome tall muscular boy walked up and interrupted their conversation. “Hey I’m Ryan.” He says

Chloe looks up not interested and Abby almost faints. He just stares nervously until Chloe finally speaks, “Hey I’m Chloe and this is my friend Abby.”

Abby just waves because she couldn’t form any words.

“Well I just wanted to ask you for your English notes. I wasn’t here yesterday.” Ryan asks.