[chapter 07]

Chapter Seven: The Truth

Claire sighed softly as she sat on a seat in the jet. She sat across from Loki and looked up slightly seeing that he was looking at her. She turned her head away from his eyes and she got up, going to Tony and Steve as they talked. She squeezed herself in the middle of the two men and looked at them. Tony noticed Claire and rested his hand on her shoulder to give her some reassurance.

There was a crack of thunder which caused Loki to look around, startled. Claire looked at him and tilted her head slightly before she turned her head away deciding not to give it any attention since she didn't want anything to do with him at the moment. She felt safe with Steve and Tony.

"What's the matter? Scared of a little lightning?" Steve asked as he looked at Loki.

Loki looked over at Rogers, "I'm not overly fond of what follows."

The sound of thunder was heard again and the jet shook and then the Tony opens the door before a man with blonde hair and Asgardian armor jumps onto the ramp and grabs Loki by the throat and flies out. Steve and Tony are left dumbstruck. Tony puts the Iron Man helmet on. Claire stood there and basically blacked out until she heard Natasha's voice bring her back to reality.

"Claire!?" Natasha called as she looked at the girl. Claire turned slightly and looked at Natasha before rushing to her when she felt the jet land. Natasha was shocked at the sudden hug. She looked down at Claire and gently hugged her back. The redhead patted the shorter girl's head before she pulled away from the hug.

"It's okay, Claire... Everything is fine," Natasha said soothingly as she looked at the blonde in front of her. Claire looked at Natasha and hugged her again. She was in need of comfort from the redhead. Natasha didn't know what to do so she let the girl hug her tightly. She let out a sigh and patted the girls back. She looked out the jet door and sighed in relief seeing that the others were okay. The blonde man in the armor introduced himself as Thor, God of Thunder. He was Loki's brother. Thor looked at Claire and then back to his brother. He wondered what he had planned to do with the short girl.

After a long, silent flight, they arrived at the Helicarrier. If Claire would've escaped then she would've been here earlier. She exited the jet and stayed by Natasha's side as they headed inside the Helicarrier. She looked around with wonder and sighed softly before looking over at Fury when she saw him.

"Director Fury..." She said as she walked over. Fury looked over and seeing Claire, he had medical take her to make sure she was okay. Claire was surrounded by doctors and nurses but she felt fine, "I'm fine..."

Claire was led to the main room and she looked around with wonder. It was pretty cool. She sighed and took a seat with everyone else at the table. Fury had went to go speak with Loki. Claire shifted uncomfortably in her seat and she let out a tired sigh.

"In case it's unclear, you try to escape, you so much as scratch that glass" Fury said as he presses a button which opens up a huge whole in the middle of Loki's cell, "Thirty thousand feet, straight down in a steel trap. You get how that works?" Fury points at Loki, "Ant." Then he points at the button which would drop Loki into the steel trap, "Boot."

Loki let's out a small laugh that made a shiver go up Claire's spine. She hugged herself as she looked at the screen, watching the interrogation, "It's an impressive cage. Not built, I think, for me."