[chapter 09]

Chapter 09: muffled

Claire slowly opened her eyes, her vision blurry at first before it cleared. She turned her head slightly to see where she was. She couldn't tell where she was at, to be honest. She was sitting on a chair, her hands tied behind her and a cloth tied around her mouth to keep her from screaming. She moved her arms a little in attempt to loosen the tape on them. She looked around, making her glasses slide down on her nose. She couldn't fix it though and that bugged her.

"You're awake," a voice said which made her look over, seeing Loki. He held his scepter in his hand. He sighed softly and walked over, lifting her chin so she would look at him. She shut her eyes tightly wishing this was some cruel nightmare but it was all real. She had been taken once again by the God. She opened her eyes as tears formed, threatening to spill. Loki set his scepter down and he gently took hold of the cloth around her mouth, "if I take this off... You won't scream?"

Claire nodded her head, promising that she wouldn't scream. Loki nodded and took off the cloth, setting it off to the side. He looked at her and tilted his head slightly. He could feel the mind control in his mind growing stronger. He wasn't in control of his own actions. Thanos had full control. The God narrowed his blue eyes and he grabbed his scepter.

"You're a dangerous little girl... One that'll tear the Avengers apart. You have the capability to destroy worlds..." He said as he raised the scepter slightly to press it against her heart. Her eyes widened and she looked at the sharp tip of the scepter as the blue stone in the spear sparked, ready to force itself into her heart and control her like a puppet. She clenched her jaw and whimpered a little as the point grew closer to her beating heart.

A noise landing outside made Loki stand up and turn around. Tony stood there in his Iron Man suit, making Claire let out a sigh of relief. Tony walked down the walk and the suit detached from his body. He sighed softly and he continued walking. He planned to get Claire out of there before Loki did something stupid to the poor girl. Especially, controlling her mind.

"Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity" Loki spoke as he walked over, leaving Claire. The blonde trembled a little as she watched him head over to Tony. She had been so close to becoming a puppet and Loki was going to be pulling the strings.

"Uh...actually, I'm planning to threaten you," Tony said as he walked over to the bar. Claire moved her hands, trying to loosen the tape. If it didn't work then she would melt it off with her powers. She looked at Tony and pursed her lips into a thin line.

"You should have left your armor on for that," Loki said as he motioned toward Stark with his scepter. Tony glanced at Claire and sighed softly in relief when he saw that she wasn't under Loki's control.

"Yeah, it's seen a bit of mileage. You've got the blue stick of destiny. Would you like a drink?" Tony said as he poured himself a drink. He looked at Loki and raised his eyebrow slightly as he looked at him.

"Stalling me won't change anything," Loki said as he looked at Stark. He glanced back at Claire to make sure she was still in the chair and not making a run for it. He didn't want to lose the weapon he planned on using.

"No, no, no! Threatening. No drink? You sure? I'm having one," Anthony said as he took a small sip of his drink. He looked at Loki and then back to Claire, clicking the glass to signal for her to use her powers and leave. He didn't want her to get hurt.