[chapter 11]

Chapter 11: Story

Claire sipped at her coffee as she sat on the windowsill, watching the snow gently fall to the ground below, covering the streets like a winter blanket. She looked over at Loki as he was still sleeping on the couch. Since she didn't have a spare bedroom, the god had chosen to sleep on the couch for the night. His black hair was slightly messy, his left arm was draped over the side of the couch, his face smushed against the couch pillow that his head laid on. His right leg hung over the arm of the chair due to his tallness and the emerald green blanket looked like it was about to fall onto the floor below. Claire sipped at her coffee as she watched him.

Loki rolled over onto his back, laying his hand upon his chest that was rising and falling with every breath he took. His right hand now draped over the side of the couch, laying there limply. Claire walked over to the kitchen and she started making some breakfast for her and Loki for the day. She didn't have any work today so this meant keeping an eye on the God for the next three days. How would she make sure he was okay while she was at work. She didn't know what she would do with the black haired man. She didn't want to have him sleep on the couch all the time. Maybe they could take turns or he could just sleep with her.

"You're up..." A groggy voice mumbled as he sat him, rubbing a hand down how face and letting out a tired yawn. He didn't get much sleep last night and he sighed softly as he laid back down on the couch, closing his eyes a little.

"Yeah... Want some coffee?" She asked as she started getting some stuff ready to make some coffee for him.

"Sure. If it's not too much trouble," he said softly before he stood up from the couch. He looked around the apartment and then back to her. She was still short as he remembered her to be. Her hair was slightly longer but he knew she'd probably get it cut sooner or later. She was still the same Claire that he remembered and cherished. He had never known that he liked her in such a way. He tried to make her into a weapon, yes, but he didn't mean to do that. He was under some kind of mind control at that time so he wasn't in control of his own actions that day. He looked at the girl, studying every inch of her body.

Loki looked at her up and down. Her sweatpants hung loosely around her petite waist, one side was slightly down then the other. She wrote a white tank-top and a black oversized cardigan that draped over her hips. Her blonde hair was pulled back slightly from her face so it didn't get in her eyes. Every inch of the girl was cute in Loki's eyes. She was shorter than most people he knew. She was about the height of Jane Foster, maybe just slightly shorter then her.

Claire turned around and she looked at Loki as she held the coffee cup. She handed it to him and sighed softly before she finished her cup of coffee. She looked down at the coffee cup in her hands that was almost finished. She downed the rest of it before putting it into the sink. She looked at Loki and watched him as he walked over to the window, sipping at the liquid in his hands.

"What happened to your sister?" Loki asked softly as he looked at the picture of Claire and her sister that was on the table beside him. It was a picture of the two in New York near the Statue of Liberty. Madison, Claire's sister, held up a peace sign as she stood beside her younger sister with an arm around her small body. Claire was smiling in the picture. A nice smile that made Loki's heart warm up at the sight of it.

Claire froze up at the question that was asked. She sighed softly and fiddled with her hands before she looked around, realizing there was no way to get out of this question. The girl sighed and she brushed off her sweatpants before crossing her arms across her chest. She looked down at the ground, shuffling her left foot against the wooden floor beneath her.