Balance

Jade was seated on a comfy navy couch, leaned back while surrounded by decorative pillows. Scott's apartment was decorated in blue and beige tones, it suited him. She had a feeling though, that he didn't decorate his own apartment. It felt too smooth, too much effort for him. Mark hired someone to do the decorating for him, so she assumed Scott did the same. Either way it looked awesome. She tried not to lose focus when things were quite serious. She was wearing a tee and joggers, her heels kicked to the side while Scott stood across her, a glass coffee table between them. He had his arms crossed in front of his chest, looking like he was the one who had the right to be upset right now. It pissed her off. If she wasn't tired she would have gotten off her bum and smacked him in the face.

"You chose him Jade."

"That didn't mean I wanted my father to be murdered!"

"It's the world you chose to take part of, you should have known this could have been a possibility as well."

She reached for a pillow next to her and aimed it at Scott. He dodged it effortlessly, only pissing her off more. She was fuming right now. He made it sound like she was the one at fault here. Clearly he needed to get his head checked.

"You paid someone off to kill my dad!"

"Technically Mark did, I just told him about the opportunity."

She reached for another pillow, her ammo getting low because she kept aiming pillows at Scott. She threw this one much faster with more force. It actually landed across his chest. Scott didn't seem to mind though. Instead he just sighed and started to pick up the pillows and tossing them back on the couch. He didn't approach her though, which was a wise thing to do. If he got close enough she'd bite. His eyes told her he could tell she would. He was being cautious, smart man.

"Why did you decide to betray him? He sounded so proud whenever he talked about you."

"Like I said it was nothing personal. I think Arthur got it, you on the other hand need to learn fast. You chose to stay beside Mark, accepting him and the world he lives in. You should probably also prepare yourself because you could potentially become a target. There are people around who hate your husband's guts."

She grabbed another pillow, holding it tightly to her chest, "I'm the one who hates his guts right now."

Scott's lips curled up to a smirk, "I'm assuming he doesn't know you're here."

"This is the one place he wouldn't think of searching."

"Smart girl." Scott whispered, "I need a drink, you need anything?"

"Same."

"I'm not going for wine though." He warned her.

"Right now I'm not in the mood for some wine." She narrowed her eyes on him, "Whiskey will do."

Scott prepared them a drink, giving her time to catch her breath. She wanted to say so much more but in the back of her mind she knew there wasn't much she could do. She could go to the police but then her husband would be in trouble. She didn't approve of Mark's ways, but she was in love with him. That feeling wasn't fading. It was tiring feeling so conflicted all the time. She wished she could turn off her brain and just let Mark think for her instead. It would be boring for him considering she wouldn't give him much resistance or food for thought, but at least life would be easier.
Sighing she rested her head against the couch and watched Scott approach her. He handed her a tumbler with golden liquid in it and sat down beside her.

"You know I have to call Mark eventually. He'll rip me apart when he hears I'm the one hiding his wife." He snorted, "Who would have thought the great Mark Bennet would go nuts because of a woman."