Chapter 3

I stayed in my bed chamber for two days straight. Only getting up to bathe. a soft knock sounded on my door. "Your majesty?" My guard called. "Are you alright? Would you like me to call for a doctor?" I sighed. Could they not bother me? Every day that I stayed in bed he would come ask me that same question. He probably waited all day outside of the door, waiting for me to call him. "I'm fine. Actually, I would like to go out today. Prepare the carriage, we're going to Maleficent's castle" I replied. I decided that I needed someone to talk to, she was my only friend. I got up and pulled myself together. I walked down the steps and headed out the door. As I was climbing into the carriage a commoner approached me. "Queen Regina, I have been asked to give this to you," He stuttered and handed me a sheet of paper. "it's from Captain Hook." I glanced at it and handed it back to him. "Do away with it." I said. "I have been paid a fair amount to make sure this was delivered to you immediately. I smiled and turned away from him. "That's not my problem." I called behind me and sat in the carriage. He sighed and put the note in front of my castle entrance. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the ride to Maleficent's castle.

*********

When I arrived at her castle I didn't bother knocking on the door, I just walked in. There she was, as usual, sitting in her chaise, lounging. And drinking something I couldn't identify. She turned towards me and smiled. "Hello Regina. What brings you here, did your curse backfire?" She asked, saying "curse" in a spiteful way. "Actually, I haven't enacted it yet.." I said while clenching my fists. I sat down in a chair next to her, crossing my arms like an angered child. "I've been having other.... Issues." I mumbled. "So, I'm guessing you were not invited to Repunzel's wedding?" She asked and took a sip of her drink. "Repunzel got married?" I asked angrily. Troll..... "No, that wasn't my problem. I think I'm falling in love. I really need to talk to someone, and you are my only friend." I explained. "Oh, I'm quite flattered." She replied sarcastically. "You're no help to me. I don't know why I would ever come to you.." I said and stood, preparing to leave. "Regina, you yourself said love is weakness. You should invest in a pet. They're much better company than people." She said. Then she made a slight clicking noise and a black, miniature unicorn came running into the room. She smiled and patted it's head happily. I looked at the fireplace and waved my hand slowly. The fire slowly rose out of the fireplace and was in my command. I aimed it towards the unicorn. "No!" Maleficent shouted. She blocked the unicorn with her scepter. She aimed the scepter at me and a bright blue light came towards me. I didn't have time to react and before I knew it, I was hit with it. I flew against the wall. I felt weak and drowsy. I collapsed on the ground. "Maleficent? Have you seen-" I heard a voice call. Hook. He came into my view. "Regina?!" He exclaimed. I closed my eyes and drifted off...

End of Chapter Three