Part II: Chapter Five

Snow, Emma, and I sit in silence until Charming and Hook come back. "Found it!" Charming says happily. Hook follows behind him. I turn away and look into the dark forest. "So, what's the plan to find Henry?" Snow asks. I shed a single tear thinking about whoever has kidnapped my son. Thankfully the forest is too dark for anyone to see. "We have to find whoever has him first." Emma responds. "A few hours ago I was stopped by a..... Teenage boy.... Who said he has Henry." I add. "A teenage boy? Alrighty, let's go find him." Snow says and grabs her bow and arrow. She marches into the vast forest. "Snow, wait up for me!" Charming shouts and runs after her. Emma shrugs and follows. I walk slowly behind all of them. "Regina!" Hook whispers and runs after me. He catches up and holds my hand. "Maybe we can stay behind and........Talk." He suggests. I wiggle my hand from his. "No." I say. "I need to find Henry. My son is my number one concern right now." He stops walking and I do too. "So what are you saying?" Hook asks heartbreakingly. I lean forward and kiss him. A wave of relief floods over me. I've been waiting to do that. I pull back and wrap my arms around him. "That we need to wait a while. I just need to find my son." I say. I drop my arms, turn around and keep going. His footsteps sound slow and heavy behind me. This is the best decision for right now. I close my eyes and try to calm down.

Stay strong I think to myself, Stay strong Regina.

End of Part II: Chapter Five