Chapter 4

I woke up in Captain Hook's arms. at first, I thought it was Daniel, but maybe that was a dream... "What are you doing?!" I exclaimed. He stopped walking. "Carrying you." He replied quite contently. I recognized the area. I was in front of my castle. I put my arms slowly around his neck to try and make it easier on him. I didn't try to object to him carrying me because I still felt weak. He climbed the steps to my bed chamber and sat me down on my bed. Then he headed for the door but stopped as his hand touched to door knob. "My Queen, I'm extremely sorry for the way I acted at dinner. I shouldn't have drank as much as I did before I came. I was nervous for our- I mean the dinner." He stuttered. "It's okay." I nodded. He opened the door and started to leave. "Wait, before you leave-" I started to say, he quickly turned around and looked at me. "Let me fix your hook." I finished. I waved my hand over his hook and it turned into a hand. "Thank you." He whispered and held my hand with his new one. "I felt the connection." I said. He smiled "I knew you did." I sighed. "But we can't be together. With the Dark Curse, I can't be restrained. Love is weakness. And you, are my weakness." I explained. "So revenge and power is more important to you than happiness?" He asked. "This is my happiness. Getting the revenge that has taken me so long to receive." I said. "We could be happy together!" He exclaimed. "No,Hook, this isn't going to be my happiness. Avenging...." I replied. "Avenging what?!" He asked impatiently. "Nothing, it doesn't matter. Just.... Go on your way." I said holding tears back. "Fine, if that's what you would like. I'm sorry that you care more about power than your happiness." He angrily said. Captain Hook walked right out of my bed chamber door. And I let him. There are a number of things I should've done; call him back, tell him that I don't care more about power than my happiness, or tell him how I truly feel about him. But I didn't. There was something different about Captain Hook. He believed in me. He saw the good in me that no one else has ever seen. When I was my worst he still loved me. I needed that. Now I'm on his ship, thinking back. Thinking of how I should've put my happiness first. Maybe, just maybe we could've been happy together. Happier than I was when I was alone in Storybrooke for 28 years. But love isn't my main concern right now. I need to focus on getting my son back. You never know though, life holds many surprises. I could just end up having my happy ending.