Part II: Chapter Six

I keep going, not believing what I just did. I can't believe I just ruined my chance. But, Henry needs me. There's an awkward silence in the forest as we're walking. Hook and I kind of fell behind, so it's just us in the back of the line. Emma and her parents aren't in sight. I try to speed walk to catch up but they still are too far ahead. I'll eventually catch up to them. I suddenly feel extremely tired. I stop next to a fallen tree and lean against it. Hook sees me and stops. "Regina, are you alright?" He asks awkwardly trying not to sound concerned even though I know he is. "Yes, I'm.... I'm.... Um..." I say quietly. "I'm um.... I'm fine." He gets extremely close to me. "Are you sure? You're stammering." He says flirtatiously. He smiles slightly. My eyes feel heavy, like I might fall asleep. "Yeah, I'm just really, really, really tired." I whisper. "Would you like to stop? You can rest on my shoulder." He says. Okay Captain Hook, I see your game, I think to myself. I move away from him and try to pull myself together. "No, I can keep going." I say and yawn at the same time. Still extremely tired, I keep walking. I swear I hear him laugh quietly behind me. He's trying to be "irresistible". I don't give in that easily.....

After walking for what seemed like hours, almost falling over a cliff, and stumbling into things, I finally caught up with The Charming's. They were standing next to a cave. "Took you two long enough." Snow says harmlessly. "Well, someone started falling asleep." Hook replies while smiling. Probably laughing at how I reacted to his "flirting" if that's even what you want to call it... "Oh, Regina, did you want to stop? Emma or I could stay out here with you while Hook and Charming go into this cave to check for...... Anything... We haven't seen anyone or anything. It's been oddly quiet." Snow says. "N-" I start to decline her offer but I feel even drowsier than I did before. "Actually, yes. That would be wonderful." Emma steps forward. "Mary Margaret, you can stay here. I'll go inside the cave." She says. "Are you sure? Because I was thinking you could stay here and I could go in." Snow suggests. I walk away from the conversation and sit down in front of a large rock in front of the cave. They continue deciding who's going to go in but I can't hear exactly what they're saying. Eventually they make a decision because the disputing stops. I start to dose off, but someone comes and sits next to me. The familiar scent of saltwater and rum enters my thoughts. No...... I think to myself. "Comfortable, love?" Hook asks sweetly. I sigh and and look at him. His face gentle and gorgeous at the same time. I lean my head on his shoulder. "Very." I reply and then, I fall asleep.

End of Part II: Chapter Six