Part II: Chapter Four

When I come to, I'm on the ground with my head propped up by a balled up coat. A small fire a few feet away from me. It seems as though I'm.... Alone? "Hello?" I call out quietly. "Regina. Good you're awake." A voice replies gently. Hook. My heart flutters. I sit up a bit. "When I found you, you were in the middle of the forest unconscious." He says. He sits next to me. "What exactly happened?" He asks. I explain to him everything that happened. He listens closely as I relive the moment. "Oh." He sighs. "Don't worry now, you're in good hands with me." He whispers into my ear. I blush, though I doubt he can see because of the darkness. Taking a chance I turn towards him and kiss him. Not holding back. When I pull back we both sit in silence. To break the awkwardness, I lean my head on his shoulder and close me eyes. Things are balanced, as they should be. Finally.

******

"Regina? Hook?" Someone asks. Snow. I immediately stand up. "What was-" Emma starts to say. "Going on?" Snow and Charming finish simultaneously. Hook stands up and looks at me. "Nothing!" We answer in unison. "Um, has anyone seen my compass? I think I'm kissin- I mean missing it! I mean missing. It's missing. Charming! How about you come help me find it." Hook stammers. I put my palm to my face and sigh. "Sure." Charming answers steadily. They both walk off into the vast forest. Emma, Snow, and I sit in silence. "Okay, what was that?!" Emma bluntly asks, breaking the silence. "Emma..." Snow cuts in. "Nothing that concerns you Emma." I reply harshly. "Okay, can we not go through this right now? We need to keep our focus on Henry, and Henry only!" Snow shouts. I scoff and sit down against a huge tree. But then I remember, I'm here because of Henry. I do need to find him. And that might mean letting Hook go... For the time being.... Again..

End of Part Two: Chapter Four