1 - Once Upon a Night Mare

Fiona's POV

16 sticks, in a row, all with the plus signs. Looking at my clock I was going to be late for work, tossing them into a plastic bag I shoved them in my purse. Slipping on a cropped pant suit, where the pants stopped at the ankles instead of going all the way down...

Throwing my hair in a bun on my way out I grabbed, purse, keys, and banana. Chewing on the banana I process what speech I want to say to Nathaniel, my boss. He's kind and sweet, encouraging, taken me under his wing.

Everyone in the office loves him, unlike Seth the slightly older brother by a few minutes, is the scariest man in all of Corporate America. Some say he's the Devil of Business, but I honestly believe he's a psychopathic sadistic mass murdering machine.

There's even a song about him

Bosses come and go, Seth stays to strive.
Take my warning plea, Interns come to die.
There's no escape, he's locked in your fate.
Don't try to shine, your co-workers will betray you in time.
No one can save you, so get a clue.
Seth will destroy, consume, and be the death of you.

Every morning- much like the one right now. I step into the lounge I watch the frightened group of people whisper the song in unison like a prayer. Then they hug each other and wish everyone good luck, they scattered in a matter of minutes. "You should join us for the next song we're creating tonight." Sara said, she was the leader of the group, even created that song. I just stirred my coffee before realizing it may be bad for the growing bundle of cells in my womb. I set it down, "I'm good Sara maybe next time."

"Trust me it works, all the women who have been in the group haven't been taken by Seth. He's going after the ones we haven't brought to the cause." Glancing over to the 4 women that are in the group. In a cruel understanding I see how Seth wouldn't pick them, they weren't the best looking on the eyes, were morbidly obese, and had very bad taste in clothes.

Lucky for me I dressed similar to them so I wouldn't be noticed by Seth, and I take back hallways to get to meetings and things. I don't stay at functions where I know he'll be, I take avoiding Seth very seriously because I don't want to run into him first of all. But I have other things to worry about. "I'll probably say it in the bathroom later today-"

"Here's a copy," She says handing me a flyer and I couldn't help but smile at her. Walking off with my cupcake I go to my office where I get to work... I didn't want to bother my boss Nathaniel with the news of my pregnancy just yet. I wanted to be a super good job first so he'll have to really think hard about firing me...

Smart I know,

**

"Knock, knock." My assistant pops her head in, telling me that I'm needed in Nathaniel's office. Getting up I round the desk only to stop turn around and grab my purse. I'm nervous to see an empty hall. Glancing back at my assistant who tells me she hasn't seen Seth all morning.

Didn't matter he always came on Fridays, he never fails to make an appearance and take another innocent girl. Safely I make it to Nathaniel's office where I go in, close the door behind me softly. Nathaniel greets me warmly,

"You're on fire! Getting that Watson ad for us! I just wanted to tell you keep up the amazing work. I was thinking..." He goes to scramble through his neat mess I call a desk. That's when I take out the bag of pregnancy tests. "I'm pregnant."

To be honest, Nathaniel has been the closest person I had to a friend in this office. Who as of a few seconds ago though I was on fire, praised me, and thinks I'm a talented creator. He's kind, supportive, and loved around the company. He's the good brother of the two. So when telling him this news I hope this doesn't get too ugly.

He finally looks up from his files. His blue eyes were warm and inviting, rising from his seat he comes around to hug me tightly. "Congratulations. Are you here to discuss maternal leave or something? Why are you coming up to me with this? I don't see you showing."

Okay I'm confused, "Umm sir... the child is yours." He backs up in shock. Stuffing his hands in his pockets he avoids eye contact. "The kid isn't mine.  We haven't slept together. Believe me I would've remembered. I don't forget women I've slept with." He simply puts going back to his desk, sitting down and filing through papers. Mortified I go to turn around to be stopped by his following words.

"You slept with my brother Seth?!" He screeched pushing away from his desk, and that just made me feel even worst. I barely remember sleeping with anyone, I just remember seeing a glimpse... or something. "It was at the last function you invited me too, your brother was there..."

Nathaniel seemed distracted until he said in a chilling tone, "We buried his 4th wife last week." I left the room feeling trapped and wounded. Walking over to my assistant I don't see her, finding Sara instead scurrying off I chase after her. "Hey tell Nathaniel I went on break-"

She shakes her head running past me, "Seth is here!"

**

Vote

Comment

Fan

Please

Xoxo

Follow me Elsa_Petite on Instagram and Twitter