20 - Seth

Fiona's POV

Knocking on a door I see his smile falter to shock at the sight of me, I wasn't sure if he was staring at me or the scars I recently saw in my rear view mirror. Apparently burns from the time I ran into the fence in fear of Seth, the very man I'm standing in front of.

All he musters to say to me is, "You're back." Lowering my head I allow myself in and think that seeing his place will jog some memories. It doesn't, not a single tingle anywhere in my body. Seth walked slowly watching me like prey as he padded into the kitchen, "Are you hungry?"

"Monsters know Monsters. Wasn't it you who said that to me?" I ask suddenly just wanting to get to the bottom of my insecurities right now. If Isadora thinks Seth is good, now is the time to prove it. He shrugs his shoulder fixing himself a cup, "Sure I say a lot of things that sound... terrible. But I don't think you're a-"

Shoving the lamp off the stand it breaks at my feet, "Look at me!" I shout at the top of my lungs wanting some reaction out of him. He stops pouring the coffee and sighs, oh- a tingle. He must sigh a lot...

"Look at what a fence you created did to me! Skin graphs could only do so much for me until Nate put a pillow over my face messing up it's structure." I admit for the first time after hearing the news myself. All of these revelations happened over the hour minutes ago when I saw the scars for the first time, called my doctor, and she told me everything, even who the father is.

I pointed at him, "This is what I know. You are the father of this baby, I don't remember sleeping with you. I remember sleeping with Nate, a drunken mistake to sleep with the boss but whatever. I only remember you locking me away, shoving me into walls, starving me, nearly shooting me, being a racist, sexist, monster who I still don't know why you held me captive like that."

"Because the second I saw you slowly come down from the pole in Vixen all those years ago. I just knew that was the woman I'd want to marry. I followed you home and watched you the next morning reading that book, I snapped a picture, and vowed one day to meet you Fiona not Vixen the stripper."

Oh.... still nothing. I remember my stripper days dancing on a pole though, and I remember wearing a blond wig. Just before the party Nate invited me to that changed my life forever... between two brothers...

"Stalker much?"

He gives a small smirk, "You clearly don't have your memories because you of all people would know what I'd do for someone I'm infatuated with." Well that saves me from telling me that I was hit with amnesia. "Now why did you say Monsters know Monsters to me earlier? Is it because you think by the scars on your face you are some.... beast?"

I'm rooted to the floor, still as a statue. "Because while you annoyed me, and made my life very difficult at times. I really loved- love your company-" My heart started to throb and I wondered if that was another trigger...

"Fiona what's wrong?"

"I-I think I remember you saying that to me." I whisper not backing down when he comes to my side, helping me sit down. He sits down beside me, and the words spill from my lips as a memory comes back.

"Oh I'm stuck between two brothers. Pregnant by one, captive by the other. Kissed by one, hugged by the other. I like the one, I hate the other. I'm loved by-"

"Both." Seth finishes dropping his arm to come over to me, grab me by the face tightly, forcing me to look at him. "You are loved by both Fiona. I may not show it like Romeo Nate but while his love comes from a committed relationship and restrictions.

"And that's when I said. I... I really... enjoy you're company more freely than he does." He whispers eyeing me, and I look dead ahead searching my brain for a clue. And there it is, "I shoved you away and said you can't even say you love me."

Seth scoots closer, "And that's when I asked if you loved me." I could tell he regretted the words before he bit his lip, turned away from me. But he didn't run away to the shower, he remained still. He was waiting for me to say yes, say anything. My hands cover my mouth, I can't believe I said no. Damn I'm savage! "I said-"

He didn't let me finish getting to his feet I follow him through the house into a bathroom, removing some facial wipes from the cabinet. He tells me to sit on the counter, and he's in front of me gently wiping my face. "I don't think you are a monster. You are beautiful from the moment I saw you half-naked, to watching you leave with Nate so many times, to seeing you in that bed."

When I tried to squirm away he grabs my face, "I. Think. You. Are. Beautiful. Now and forever Fiona." Giving a little hint of a smile I whisper fatal words. "And do you love me?" A part of me still died at the possibility of his answer being some sorry cover up. I'm covered in scar tissue, wear a ton of make-up, and here is a man I thought I needed to kill wiping it away...

"Yes. I've always been in love with you Fiona."

Now for my turn, my mouth opens to be honest with him when he leans in to kiss my scars all over my face and one on the side of my neck. Pushing him away slightly I open my mouth to speak, "Seth I know what you're going to ask-"

"I'm not going to ask Fiona, you don't know what good moments we share. You are getting memories as we speak so no. Don't say a word until you remember everything. I waited this to tell you I love you I can wait a little longer to tell you again."

"OH SETH! WHERE IS MY FAVORITE SON-IN-LAW? WHY DID YOU CALL ME? WHAT BUSINESS DO WE HAVE TO TALK ABOUT?" His voice rang in my ears and I was hit with a piece of a memory, a closet, seeing Seth close it. "Who is that?"

"Eros, Cheyenne's father. I'm paying him a debt because he blames me for killing his daughter, do you remember that?" I nod remembering bits and pieces as he kept talking to me. I held onto his arm. "I-I don't want to you see that man. I'll stay back here." He leans in to make our foreheads kiss. "When this is all over I'm marrying you."

**

Vote

Comment

Fan

Please

Xoxo