12 - Devils 2

Seth's POV

His hands wrap around my neck, constricting my air ways, and to further upset him I start to laugh mockingly. "Is this what you did to her once she woke up from the pills you gave her?" Screaming he slams my head against the door before slamming it through the plastic. I drop to the floor, seeing blood on my finger tips. 

Nate had backed up, fists balled up, "I didn't hurt her! I only loved her-what about you?! You drown in sin and murder!" He shouts at me utterly breathless and that's when I get to my feet. "The only immorally wrong thing I did that involves Fiona is again-I don't know how many times I have to say this! Yes I killed her husband, he deserved it!" 

"Does she know? That you not only sent a bullet through his skull, you attempt to rip out his heart and deliver that shit to her. What are you brother, a viking?" Tackling him down we crash into the wall making a big dent, and I punch him repeatedly. "She deserves much better than that scum and you! She's beautiful when she walks on her the tips of her toes while in the kitchen. She twirls her hair while watching Law and Order, she watches kid shows at times like Teen Titans Go, and Power Puff Girls even though she claims the older version was much better." 

He spits up blood before knocking me off my feet, climbing up my body I block his punches to see my gun in my face. "I didn't rape her. Sure I got her drunk, and things escalated and I did nothing to stop her. I was trying to spare your feelings brother, but she kissed me first. She wanted me," 

Leaning into my ear, "Does she want you?" Recalling her saying no to loving me I'm broken as I lose all will to fight. Avoiding Nate's stare I shove him off me, get to my feet swiftly and pick up my jacket. "What has happened in here?" A doctor says, 

"Oh you must be the baby doctor... specialist Dr..." Nate says walking past me to shake her hand. She smiles at me but still looks worried given the damage everywhere. "Well my name is Dr. Hamilton. And how about you two step out while I get a quick exam."

**

Watching Nate pace around I huff un-folding my arms, I take the keys out of my pocket. I start down the hall without another word. I couldn't stand to be near my brother any longer, recalling our conversations. Bringing up the most hurtful rejection of my life, really put a salt in the wound. "And where are you going?" 

Hands shoved deep in my pockets, my jaw clenched resisting spewing more hate towards my brother, I stalk away. I didn't want to kill him right out Fiona's room. Getting in my car I lock the doors and sit there. 

Driving away I glanced back at my rear-view mirror to see the hospital building grow smaller and smaller. I was getting an incoming call, it was Cheyenne? She knows how to operate a phone? "Hello?" 

"Please come and get me, I need your help to get home. I'm at the rehab on 10th. Don't tell Nate." She tells me and I turn the car around and decide to go get her. It's the least I can do in attempt to stop these feelings from burning my chest. I have so much animosity towards my brother right now, maybe some sweet revenge towards his wife is what the smug bastard deserves. Not that he really cares about her, 

Arriving at the building I get out to see her waiting in her chair next to the familiar face I see at Nate's house all the time. "Mr. Taylor it's nice to see you again." She tells me and I could tell she wanted me to say the same but I didn't know her name. "Yup I'll take it from here-" 

"Wait... Seth come here." Cheyenne says looking straight ahead and I did a double-take. Bending down in front of her I touch her hands gently, "Say something." The nurse whispers to me. So I rub her hands, "Cheyenne you are looking beautiful. I'm still wondering what you see in my brother all these years later." 

There was a pause and I glanced at the nurse who gives me an encouraging nod. That's when I see her mouth move a bit but nothing comes out. "Well you were unavailable." She says suddenly and I'm shocked. Oh my God, she can talk again. "I-I can.... talk." She cheers and the nurse cheers with her. 

Oh shit, 

"Does Nate know?" I ask, they both shake their heads sadly. "And you can hear better right? Weren't you blind and deaf?" 

"With... a high possibility... that- I-I'd get it back." She tells me and truly happy I lean in to hug her, she was surprised but didn't hesitate to hug me in return. "I'm so happy for you Cheyenne." We break apart and I wipe away a stray tear running down her cheek. She was so happy, and the fact that I can hurt my brother through her is what made my chest burn again with passion. Grabbing her things from the nurse, I load them into my car. "You don't know my name do you?" She asks closing my trunk for me. "No I don't." 

"It's Cheryl." I nod taking that into mental note and move past her to collect Cheyenne now. She was still smiling, "Come on I'll take you to my place." 

Cheyenne's smile grew as we helped her in the car, waving Cheryl good bye I was back on route back to my house. "You know this would be the first I've ever been in your house." She comments with minimal trouble and I was honestly growing proud of her. Like really I was the only one to talk to her besides Cheryl. 

I know I said some pretty bad stuff about her, but I was angry at Nate, trying to hurt Nate. What I feel for Cheyenne has nothing to do with Nate. And Cheyenne is a nice lady, poised, quiet. And she's a great listener. She's the only one who knows of how I despise my parents for loving Nate more. 

"Are we going to have another one of our talks Seth? We haven't had one in a very long time." She also says with little issue. And I nod, "Yes we are Cheyenne honey. And it's been far too long. I have a lot to say, so glad you called me." 

**

Vote

Comment

Fan

Please

Xoxo

A/N: What does Seth have in store for Cheyenne? What revenge is he planning for Nate? What about Fiona?