17 - Vanessa

Fiona's POV

Walking past stores I look back to make a visual when I spot a man staring at me, as he's following behind me. I got a weird feeling and quicken the pace, and as I glanced behind me again he was still there. Suddenly I saw another on my left as he joined the other behind me, and then on my right. That's when I take off, "Hey don't even try it in those heels!" He shouts,

I take off across the street, blending into a crowd of people before breaking out of the crowd down an alley. Running till I'm at a dead end, 

"We got her now!" They both cheered and I'm thinking and debating, the second two gun shots ring in my ears I'm screaming covering my head as I run behind a dumpster. Taking off my heels I climb on the grimy dumpster. "What the hell is she doing?" One laughed before I jumped onto a railing, and pulled myself on the fire escape. I see them starting to mirror my movements as I run up the stairs.

"Wait!" One hollered and I see a window that's open, going through that window I find another door and into the hallway I take a second to breathe. What the hell is happening to me? I'm in expensive clothes and heels. 

Who am I? 

When I see one climb into the window I'm running again. Finding the staircase I start to rush down, and at one point to put more distance between us and because I was growing tired I tumble down the stairs. Kicking one door open and sliding out of sight, clutching my burning side I stay quiet as they take the bait.

"Hey are you alright?" Flinching at the male voice I scurry away before seeing him looking as concerned as I was scared. "It's okay, my name is Sam. I live right here, are you hurt?" I looked at his door, 207. He looked mid-30's, had some facial hair, and deep smoldering grey eyes. He was also holding groceries. "I could use some water," I whisper and he nods opening his door, and going inside only to appear seconds later to help me to my feet. I step away from him and he allows me through his door before he closes the door. I instantly relax when I see a little girl probably around the age of 16 or 17, she was on her phone. "Rebecca say hello to..."  

Shit what's my name...? "Faith." I say respectfully, she looks up and smiles at me. Her brown hair was tied up in a cute bun, and she was wearing a beautiful navy blue form fitting dress. She looked as if she was going to a school dance. "I'm gonna go outside in the hallway to get a better signal, if you need me I'll be outside Uncle Sam." I laughed at the little joke, Uncle Sam....  

We both watch her leave, I don't find myself staring at the door until I felt Sam's hand on my shoulder I flinch away from him. "It's okay here's your water." I take a sip of the water, he motions me to the sofa facing a flat screen TV. "So tell me a bit about yourself? Why were you on the ground like some wounded animal? Were you mugged? Should I call someone for you?" I shake my head waiting to swallow before I speak. "I was being chased, and I fell down a flight of stairs to get away." I say rubbing my sore side when I feel something in my pocket. It was a business card.  

Vanessa Grey

CEO of Taylor Technology,

1293 Main Street, Manhattan

I couldn't believe it. Why would I have a Vanessa Grey's business card in my pocket? Was I trying to work at her company? Do I work at her company? "Miss Faith?"

"Can I use your computer for a second?" I say quickly before he shows me to a laptop, and opening a browser I search the name on the card. And I see a stunning woman. I close the tab when Sam comes back. "Can I use the bathroom?"

"Sure down the hall on the right." As I follow his directions and go into the small cramped bathroom I struck with a beautiful attractive face. I gasp at the sight of my flawless face, straight teeth, and brown skin. "I'm Vanessa Grey," I whisper my head spinning at the revelation but I felt something was missing. "This isn't happening," I also say,

Splashing my face with water I wipe down, I take in a huge sigh. Okay so far my name is Vanessa Grey, I'm CEO of some big company, and people fear me, I'm in New York. Suddenly, I'm struck with an intense pounding in my head that knocks me against the wall. 

"WHERE IS SHE!?" I heard a down pour of bullets from all over, screams and grunts before it all goes quiet. I made it to the tub, pulled the curtain and laid as flat as I could. "We looked in every apartment except this one. Look everywhere we gotta find her," 

Flashes of memories come back, a song that replays over and over my head. It's pulling at my heart, attacking my skin, and makes me scared to the bone. 

Bosses come and go, Seth stays to strive.
Take my warning plea, Interns come to die.
There's no escape, he's locked in your fate.
Don't try to shine, your co-workers will betray you in time.
No one can save you, so get a clue.
Seth will destroy, consume, and be the death of you.

Who is Seth? I can feel that I remember him but I just can't place him. Running a hand down my body I try to make myself smaller but I stop at my stomach. I feel it's... looking down at it round shape. I can't believe that I-.... am I pregnant too? Now taking a closer look at my hands, I don't see a ring. What in the mighty hell is happening to me-

The curtain is drawn back to see two scary looking dudes. "Oh Miss. Fiona we were so worried. Come on, we won't hurt you. We work for you." One says with a charming smile bending down holding a hand out. The other helped me sit up and both helped me out of the tub. "Are you sure you are trying to help me?" 

They nodded, "We were the people standing guard as you sat on a bench, in some meeting. We decided to get you coffee when we came back you were gone. We found you at the end of an alley and were asking what you were doing, and then searched the entire building. I'm Trevor." He seemed nice enough bending down to help me out of the tub earlier, he had dark brown hair, and brown eyes. 

"And I'm Jack," 

Pulling away from both of them I press myself against the door, "I-I don't know who I am or what I'm doing in New York. I barely remember a man named Seth-" Both men exchanged glances at the mention of Seth's name. "Wait who is he? Why am I thinking of him? Who am I please help me." 

**

Vote

Comment

Fan

Please

Xoxo