5 - Ignite

Nate's POV

Leaving the first floor of the building sized house my idiot brother lives in. I noticed Fiona seemed at ease once we were outside, to see her surroundings, to know she was still in town and close to the company.

Watching her get in my car I close the door. I can't believe what just unfolded within the last few hours. Not seeing Fiona for a week had me going insane, had everyone at the office claim it was Seth who I defended because he's my brother. But...

At first sight I saw no signs of true abuse just emotional trauma. Why would Seth go through all this trouble? Why even look at Fiona when he knew- he was the first to know I've been in love with her.

"Are you gonna get in?" Oh I totally forgot I was still outside the car. Peering up the building I see Seth looking out the window. Why knock up my girl?! Dick move!

Strolling with urgency I get in the car and zoom off. And I don't stop till we're at my apartment. "There's no discussion your staying at my place until I talk to my brother, and sort this whole thing out." Instinctively I park the car, reach over and touch her face again. I felt the sparks,

She smiled shyly and seemed to enjoy my touch. Her eyes made it hard to breathe. "We need to talk about a few more things than just Seth." I add before getting out the car...

Helping her out I grab hold of her hand...

**

Placing another blanket around the small shoulders I'd like to kiss one day made her giggle. "Thank you Nate. For the hot shower that was crucial, food that will help gain back some of the weight I lost, the amazing fire, hot coco, and nice soothing Jazz." She replies nodding at me as I sit across from her in a old Brown university hoodie. I try and restrain myself from staring as hard as I am but I can't help myself she's beyond words of beauty.

"Do you know why Seth takes girls from the company? Was he always this cruel?"

I freeze but remain as collected as I can. The last thing I want to do is scare her away from me. I already had the chips stacked against me with her being pregnant by- anyway...

There's no way I'm telling Fiona what goes on in Seth's mind because I honestly don't have a clue. "Maybe he's branching out the company. Seth and Pops would always talk about it over dinner. We regularly talk business when he comes over on Fridays. And since our parents aren't dead, we didn't use a sibling, or whatever so no dark past there."

Pausing before I do remember some weird thing that happened, "All I can tell you is that back in high school, senior year Seth went over Stacy Forbes house for a studying session because he was a math tutor. Before Seth went over there he was happy, always had a smile on his face, he was the life of the party. When leaving he just changed, became distant, cold, rude, and was in ways banned from family events."

Shrugging my shoulders, "When you show up to one too many functions either without pants, drunk, and a string of women on your arms you tend to be uninvited to things."

I loved to see her zone out like that... "Stacy Forbes." She repeats,

After enough silence I attempt to kill the elephant in the room threatening to suffocate us both.
"If you don't mind me asking. What did Seth do to you?"

She slowly put down her cup, playing with the end of her hair she looks in the fire. "Starved me, emotionally abused me, held me captive..."

My grip behind the pocket in my pocket was so strong I would've smashed a cup. The way her tears started to fall down her face was how my rage washed over me at the sight of her.
Crawling over the sea of blankets I cover myself with hers and pull her into me. Brushing her soft hard back, "He's so scary Nate. I don't want to be alone."

Instinctively I touch her face again this time to pick up her chin, look in her brown orbs for a split second to cover her lips with mine. Pulling away she looks at the fire, touching her lips. "I should get some rest." She tells me shoving the blankets off to scurry upstairs. "Good night," She says before disappearing.

The door bell rings. Rising to my feet I jog over to the door, "Hold on I'm coming." I called out turning the corner to un-lock the door. "Who is it?" I ask before pulling it open. "It's me from Safe Haven living. You never came to pick her up today." A soft voice said and I instantly feel regret. I open the door to see my Cheryl a nice nurse who has been tasked to be part-time care keeper of my wife...

Cheryl kindly pushes my wife into my apartment only through the door before adjusting her floppy hair. "She ate everything, took her meds, did very well in therapy. She just missed you at the end. Doctors are optimistic about her hearing returning one day-"

"It'll never come back, thank you Cheryl I'll see you tomorrow." She nods waving goodbye before turning towards the elevator down the hall. I go to close the door when a hand blocks me. Encasing the door pushing back, it was Seth. "We need to talk."

**

Vote

Comment

Fan

Please

Xoxo

A/N: So Nate is in love with Fiona but has a wife so we know so far can't help herself. And Seth seems to be hiding a lot, and is wanting to confront Nate about it. (In case your starting to get a sense these are two brothers- two men fighting over Fiona that's not the type of story I want to write. I'm still trying to figure everything out. Bear with me,