Shut up, Link!

I won't ramble for too long, but I'm back! This is a bit sadder in some parts than I Wonder (If you haven't read that then you should) but if you liked that then I think you'll like this! Sorry I've been AFK for a while.

"Are you sure I did nothing wrong?" Link asked, scratching his head as he started to really regret this decision. 

"Link, I'm sorry, but shut up for a second" Zelda practically had steam coming out of her ears. She'd had enough of Groose. She'd had enough of him a long time ago, actually.

"Maybe we should just turn around. Maybe that'll be for the best" He tried to change her mind.

"Link, that is definitely not happening" She picked up the pace as she saw Groose's stupid red hair come into sight.

"This is going to end badly"

"You say that about everything. There's no turning back now"

"But I'm never wrong-"

"GROOSE!" She shouted, it was surprising that her voice didn't cause an earth quake.

"Zelda, hi!" He greeted her with, before flashing evils at Link.

"Don't 'hi' me! How many times do I have to tell you, leave Link alone!" She growled, stepping in front of Link.

"Dude, did you really get a girl to fight your battles?" One of the people that were there with Groose said to Link with a disgusted look on his face.

"No! I didn't-"

"Link! Shut your mouth! And it doesn't matter if I'm a girl. If Link fought his own battles you'd all be crying on the ground" She turned around and started walking the way they came from. 

Zelda was so care free. She knew that one day all of this wouldn't matter, and that she'd do what she felt was right. She spoke her mind and cared for the ones around her, really a kind soul.

This was bad for Link though. Because of this, he'd only ever known how to react to kindness, as Zelda was his only friend for years. He was home schooled until the first year of high school. He had never really gotten used to being around other kids his age that weren't Zelda.

When he first started, he'd get into a lot of fights because that was the only way he knew how to react to anything that wasn't kindness. He was always taught to not take crap. So when people tried to fight him, he straight up did it back, without much hesitation.

They were in their final year of high school now though, and Link hadn't gotten in a fight with anyone for one whole year. He'd developed his morals more, and he realized that (unfortunately) the world isn't filled with people who are as nice as Zelda is and sometimes you just have to grit your teeth and bare it.

"Zelda, you really don't need to keep doing that. I can handle things on my own" Link nagged.

"I know you can... But who knows where that temper will get you? I know you'd never do it to me, but to anyone else you could punch them straight in the face and see it as okay. I'd understand if it was self defense, but it's always you to make the first move" She nagged back.

"Come on, I haven't been in any sort of fight in... What, a year now!" He complained, running after her as her pace quickened.

"Well... Whatever. I've got free last, so I'll be going home early"

"Then I'm coming with you"

"No you're not. You've got History"

"Give me a break. I've just done an exam in that yesterday. Besides, I'm a good student, it's not like missing one lesson will affect my grade"