Today

Okay alright hello there. Just a little thing before starting this chapter, THANK YOU SO FREAKING MUCH!! Every little vote and comment really just makes me feel all tingly gosh dang I can't even describe this feeling. It's 4 am and I'm just trying to calm myself down Jesus Christ Zelle pull yourself together! Thank you again. I'll never be able to say it enough. Also, if you're interested, I've recently published a new Zelink story called 7 Minutes, so check that out if you want <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zelda went back downstairs as she wasn't tired herself. It was still only rather early afternoon, so she had to entertain herself somehow. However, she couldn't think of anything. She was barely ever alone without Link being in the room, so she just sat and had awkward silence with herself. She was relieved when she saw Link enter the room.

"I couldn't sleep" He said as he appeared at the open door (He had a shirt on now).

"Oh, that's not good"

"It's still really early, it makes sense" He didn't move.

"Yeah, but you were sound asleep when I got here. You must still be tired"

"I am. I didn't get all of that Media coursework done at lunch, so I can do that at least"

"Media coursework? Sounds rough"

"It is. I'll end up boring myself to sleep" Link laughed.

There was silence. But it wasn't awkward. They noticed that they didn't always have something to say or talk about. But the thing is, it wasn't awkward. The silence was comfy and just being in each other's presence made it made so comfortable.

"Did you ever finish that anime you were watching a while ago?" He asked.

"Huh? No, I didn't actually"

"Then let's watch it" He suggested, smiling. They used to do things like that together, but since Link started at her school, it became less frequent.

"Okay" Zelda smiled.

After watching an anime for a few hours, Link started to feel his eyelids get heavy. Zelda noticed this and paused the episode that they were currently on.

"You should go to bed. I won't watch anymore, but you look like you're about to pass out" Zelda giggled.

"I honestly doubt I'll make it there"

"I can always carry you up"

"You, carry me? No offence, but that's probably not possible"

"Do you want to bet?" Zelda asked, standing up.

"I'd bet anything that you couldn't carry me to my room without dropping me once" He stood up also.

He stood up too quickly so he was now light-headed as well as tired. He didn't expect what happened next as Zelda swept him off his feet. She was holding him like she was a groom carrying his bride. Link shrieked as this happened, he didn't expect his feet to actually leave the ground.

"You're heavier than I thought" Zelda giggled.

"I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be the other way round" Link laughed also, wrapping his hands around Zelda's neck.

"Don't worry, princess! I shall take you to your place of slumber!" She mocked Link, as that is something he would say.

She started carrying him to his room as she said she would, not struggling whatsoever. It really surprised Link how strong she really were, he wasn't expecting it at all.

Once they made it to Link's room, Zelda gently put him on his bed. Link still didn't move his arms though, so Zelda was forced to hover over him.

"Seems that you owe me" Zelda laughed.

"Apparently so" Link laughed back. He couldn't believe that he was carried by a girl. Especially Zelda at that.

She leant down more and placed a small kiss on his forehead. Link let his hands loose now, so that they were down by his side.

"Goodnight. For real this time" She winked as she left, quietly closing the door. Link quickly fell asleep with a smile on his face.

Zelda also made her way to her own room, but she didn't go to bed. She paced around for a bit, thinking about how she could help Link.

Him getting hurt was how it all started last time. A bruise here, a bruise there, but it all escalated to full on fights. Link was suspended multiple times and was almost expelled. That's when he managed to dodge certain people, but that meant taking days off school because he didn't trust himself to remain calm. Zelda had tried so hard to not stick her nose in it, but she hated seeing the person she loved so hurt and damaged. She would've done anything to stop that from happening, and she sure as hell wouldn't let it happen again.

But the thing is, what could she do? She wasn't and never had been a fighter, not to mention everyone who was involved other than her was male. So what could she do to make them take her seriously? She couldn't go to any teacher or adult, so was facing the problem head on really the only way?

The next morning, Zelda woke up slightly late. That didn't stop her from noticing that Link still wasn't up yet though. She headed to his room and knocked, but noticed that she didn't get any response. She hated to barge in and intrude, but she couldn't help herself in this situation.

"Link, are you awake?" She asked, only popping her head through the door.

She saw that Link had pulled the covers over his head as he was hiding from Zelda. He seemed to already have slipped into his old habits of avoiding the confrontation. It's what worked last time, so there was no reason it wouldn't work this time.

"Come on, get up" She said, walking into the room completely.

"I don't want to go back to that" He whispered.

"I know. But we're in final year now, and anything you miss could be vital. We have mostly the same lessons today. I'll be with you, okay?" She said, sitting down on the side of the bed.

Link poked his head up so his eyes were visible, his hair spiking out at the top.

"I'm sorry, Zelda. Please just let me have today" He sat up fully so he was at the same height as her, his eyes still droopy as he only woke up recently.

"Okay. If that's what you want" She said, standing up, sighing and leaving the room. She remembered how bad it were last time, so she didn't blame him for wanting a day to himself.