Eggs

Link headed to the shops with enough money to get the eggs that they always used and liked. Zelda was extremely picky when it came to food ingredients and was very stubborn about what food she'd cook with.

Link however was the complete opposite, and ate anything that was put in front of him. Even if it was bad, he really just loved all food.

He felt guilty after actually thinking about his actions. He had no consideration for Zelda's feelings, or even his own. He knew that it would have consequences, yet he did it anyway. 

All the questions that Saria asked made him really question everything. Why would he kiss Zelda off of a whim if he really didn't want to be in a deeper relationship with her? The fact that he did it subconsciously made it even more awkward. He'd never really thought he'd had feelings like that for anyone before. 

But he knew he felt something different with Zelda than he did everyone else. Whether he wanted to call it love or just 'best friendship' he didn't know. He was trying so hard, but was so blind to his emotions.

He purchased the eggs and tried to be careful when carrying them back to Zelda's. He got a weird shot of nerves as he came closer. 

Maybe I can cook for her too? Maybe she'd like being waited on every once in a while rather than me always mooching off of her. Link thought as he walked to the front door, taking a deep breath before entering.

"Hey! I'm back" He said, walking into the kitchen and carefully placing the bag on the kitchen counter.

"Hi. How was things with Saria?" Zelda asked as she walked into the kitchen behind Link. 

"Um... I bought eggs" He said, changing the subject as fast as possible.

"Thanks! I'll pay you back. I'll get to cooking now then." She said, getting the eggs out of the bag before Link softly grabbed her hand to stop her.

"There's no need. The eggs are on me, and I'm cooking"

"Link... You can barely even make a bowl of cereal" She tried to sound nice, but it didn't work out very well.

"Well I can at least try" Link's eyes lit up as he felt hopeful. Zelda noticed this and couldn't possibly turn him down.

"Alright. If you insist. I'll be in the living room, shout me when you're done or if they are any issues" She then left, going into the living room as she said.

Okay. Link thought. All I have to do is put it on the pan and... Wait, what am I actually doing?

He tried to wing it, but it went horrendously wrong. Within minutes, the kitchen stank of burning food and the air was filled with smoke.

Zelda rushed in as the smoke alarm went off, seeing Link still trying to save an egg that was burnt to a crisp.

"Link! Turn the pan off!" She shouted as she opened the door in the kitchen that led outside, letting all the smoke out.

Link did as Zelda said as he apologized over and over. He stepped outside to get a gulp of fresh air. He slammed his head into his hands as he muttered curse words to himself.

"I'll continue to do all of the cooking from now on!" Zelda insisted as she laughed, patting Link on the back, leaving her hand there for quite a long time, sending shivers up Link's back.

"Okay" Link laughed along with her as he picked his head back up, acknowledging that her hand was placed firmly on his back.

"So was archery good?" She asked, walking back into the living room and sitting on the couch with Link closely behind her.

Link didn't want to tell her about the awkward conversations between him and Saria, so he just tried to play it off. It didn't help that he let out a massive sigh before talking, though.

"Yeah, I guess. It was like every other week" He said. She never really asked about it, so he had to think about what he was going to say.

"Oh... How was coffee was Saria?" She asked again, her voice sounding somewhat drained as she was worried about why he blew it off the first time she asked.

It was then that Link realized, he didn't have to lie. But that didn't necessarily mean that he had to tell her every last detail down to the T either.

"It was awkward to say the least. Apart from that, okay I guess" He said, shrugging his shoulders. Zelda felt somewhat at ease that it didn't go too well.

She tried to sound empathetic, but she couldn't hide the constant smirk that littered her face as she carried on talking to Link. She wondered if they were ever going to talk about the kiss, but as long as they were still friends and he was still by her side, she didn't care. She was prepared to go through any length to make sure he was happy. Even if he couldn't remember it and it felt like nothing to him, she was okay as long as he were.

Some time later, after a few hours of laughs and banter, it was getting pretty late. Link started yawning heavily but showed no interest in going to bed.

"Are you okay, Link?" Zelda asked, clicking in his face to make him blink.

"Yeah, I'm fine. A bit tired, I suppose"

"Did you not get much sleep last night? You're never normally tired after archery"

"I slept fine, but Saria really drains energy, you know?"

Zelda laughed. "What does that even mean?"

"You know... She questions everything and literally clings"

"What... You don't like her?"

"No, I do. It's just that there's a line and it shouldn't be crossed"

"Link... You're tired"

"I know, but... I know. I won't be able to sleep, but at least this day will be over" He said as he waddled up the stairs to his room.

Sorry I've been AFK for a while, and that this chapter is pretty short. I've got Breath of the Wild and it has been the only thing I've played since I got it. It's my favourite Zelda game by far, if you have the chance to play it if you haven't already then I highly suggest it! I love it so freakin much I can't even explain it, so if I don't update for a while, that's what I'm doing!