Wrong Idea

Zelda froze. Seeing Link so close to her and so concerned over such a simple situation made her feel so bad for putting him through this.

Link also felt really bad for forcing this out of her. He should've respected her privacy and said 'Okay' when she clearly didn't want to tell him, but he was genuinely concerned and he noticed that she was acting weird.

I'm sorry. I love you so much you could never possibly understand, so that's why I need to help you now. Even if you won't let me, I'll do all I can. I hate seeing you sad. Just smile like you normally do and reply to everything I say sarcastically like you normally do. Tell me how much of an idiot I am for something stupid I've done and force me to study because you don't want me to fail. Please, Zelda. I don't know how long I can take this without saying something, anything....

"Okay" Zelda said, looking up so her and Link's eyes were locked. "I'll tell you because I trust you" She moved her face slightly closer to Link's and just remained there, for a minute or two.

"I'm listening?" He said, wondering if she was ever going to stop buffering.

"I'm sorry. I really don't know what to say" She honestly said. She felt like she had to have some sort of build up, not just straight up say 'I love you' without any further warning. They'd been friends for years, she wasn't sure if she wanted to take this risk.

"Don't say anything then" Link said, standing up. "In any way you can, show me" He said, keeping eye contact with Zelda.

"I can try" She stood up in front of Link with her head down.

"What are you so afraid of?" He asked her, she was obviously scared.

"I'm afraid of... Losing you" Her expression changed to a frown as she kept her head hung low.

"What in Hyrule are you talking about, Zelda?" He asked. He put both of his hands on the side of her face and gently lifted her head up. He still didn't budge his hands though. "You're never going to lose me. You couldn't get rid of me even if you tried" He reassured her.

"You really have no idea what you're doing, do you?" Zelda asked, not rejecting this newfound intimacy between the two.

"Well... What am I doing?" He stroked her cheek with his thumb, trying to calm her down, not realizing that it just riled her up even more, the his smooth voice echoed through out her mind.

"You really are an idiot"

"Oh yeah?"

"It's incredibly obvious what I'm trying to tell you, yet you don't get it do you? You're so slow..." Zelda closed her eyes, appreciating the moment with him.

"Open your eyes"

"Or what?" Zelda teased.

"Or I might get the wrong idea" Link admired the perfect image that was in front of him. He never wanted that moment to end.

"And what is that wrong idea exactly?" She asked, glad that the topic was avoided and that her and Link were doing something like this. Her heartbeat was completely out of control.

"Keep your eyes closed, and I'll show you" He said, lowering the volume of his voice.

"Okay then. Please, show me your 'wrong idea'" She smirked, still keeping her eyes closed. She didn't really know what to expect, but she also had no idea how close Link actually was to her face.

Little did he know that his 'wrong idea' was completely correct. It wasn't a wrong idea whatsoever.

She said it's okay, right? She asked me to show her, and that's what I'm about to do. But is this too much? I've already done this once before and she didn't seem to mind. That could have been what she wanted to talk about for all I know. I guess there's only one thing I can do now, and that's just go for it. I've come too far to back down now. Besides, no one could resist this opportunity.

Link slowly leaned closer to Zelda, his hands still on her face. He could hear his own heartbeat, and every individual breath that came out of Zelda's nose. As he moved closer, he stopped for a few seconds. This was mostly to give Zelda a chance to back out, although she might not have been aware what was happening yet.

He continued to move closer, Zelda now noticing that he was only inches away as she felt his breath on hers. She could've been wrong, but she didn't have any time to think in that situation. She parted her lips slightly, just in case what she anticipated was true. But in that case, why would Link say it was the 'wrong idea'?

Link closed his own eyes as he felt their lips make contact. They fit together like two matching puzzle pieces. This lasted quite a bit longer than their first encounter. Zelda brung one of her arms up and placed it on the underside of Link's elbow, grabbing a bit at his shirt. Her other hand placed itself on top of Link's, that was still resting on her face.

Once they both backed up, they stayed close and their eyes remained closed. Zelda was the one to ultimately break the silence.

"So... That was your 'wrong idea'?" She asked, whispering.

"Well... I thought-"

"You thought wrong, Link. The fact that you thought that was wrong, was wrong" She laughed.

"Slow down, that was a bit too much for my brain"

"Are you actually being serious?" She laughed again, opening her eyes. "Your 'wrong idea' was 100% right" She smiled at Link, whose eyes had shot open.

"Wait- did I hear you correctly?" Link asked, stepping back and taking his hands off of Zelda's face.

"Yes, you did. And unless I'm the one with the wrong idea, the feelings are mutual" She said, joy in her every word. "In fact, that's what I wanted to talk to you about!" Her heart was going through the roof, seeing Link's confused face made her smile all the more.

"Mutual feelings... So you know that I love you?" He exclaimed, not really meaning to let it slip out in those specific words.

"I... do now" She hugged him, standing on her tiptoes to reach.

"Zelda, when I say love, I mean love love, you know" He really wasn't expecting this kind of reaction.

"Yes I do know" She let go of him. "I love you too, you moron!"

This isn't as long as the other chapters, but a lot has happened, it's 3am and I just think that this needed a whole chapter dedicated to it.