Tease

Sorry it's been a while. I had a weird writer's block for ages, but I think I can make this quite a bit longer with some story rather than just pure fluff. There will still be that though, don't worry! 

"Oh. Well this has taken a turn for the best" Link said, flopping back onto the couch behind him, a massive grin on his face.

"Yeah. I guess it has" Zelda repeated his actions, with the same exact smile.

Once it got late, they both went to bed. Not necessarily to sleep though. They talked for hours after confessing, and they didn't want to stop. They both felt like they were on top of the world.

After about an hour of them both trying and failing to sleep, Link lost patience and wanted to maybe get his mind off sleep.

'Are you up?' He texted her, hoping he didn't wake her if she wasn't.

Zelda was surprised to hear her phone ping. Her heart started thumping as she saw on her lock screen who it were from.

'Yeah. I can't sleep :/' She messaged back.

'Can I ask you something??'

'Ask away'

'Are we going to tell anyone about us?'

'What about us?' Zelda played.

'Well... You know...'

'Do I now?'

'Lol, you're such a tease'

'How am I a tease? We only kissed'

'??'

'You haven't asked me out yet ;)'

'Oh, right. Will you be my girlfriend, Zelda? :')'

'No'

'...'

'You can't ask over the phone! ;)'

'Fine then'

Zelda heard subtle banging of what sounded like feet outside of her bedroom before hearing a slight knock.

"Yeah?" Zelda said, laughing and sitting up.

"Let's try this again. Will you be my girlfriend, Zelda?" He asked in person this time.

"Let me think... Hmmm... Why not?" She grinned, teasing Link a little more.

"You really are such a tease. Now get some sleep!" He ran off, yawning.

It may have taken a while, but they both managed to finally fall asleep. They awoke the next morning and did their everyday basic things. Surprisingly, it seemed that nothing had changed. They were a bit more aware of each other, but other than that everything was completely the same.

Their conversations, the same.

The way that they looked at each other, the same.

The space between them however, not quite the same. 

Like at the beginning of most relationships, there's a phase of just pure happiness. Your happiness from your success in finding a partner just engulfs you, and nothing seems to be able to bring you down. For these two, it was exactly the same.

They didn't talk about what they were going to tell people, if anything, or if they were going to straight up lie to anyone who asked.

Link realized that he told Saria that he weren't interested in Zelda just a few days prior, so if it got out that they were randomly going out now, that could cause some conflict between Link, Zelda and Saria.

Zelda also realized that she never gave Saria an answer to her question, and that she would've had to eventually.

"Hey... What should I do?" Zelda asked Link on the way to school. "Saria asked me how I feel about you yesterday... And I didn't reply" She said, hanging her head down.

"She asked me similar questions, but about you" He answered, lifting her head back up so that they were both facing straight forward.

"Oh... What did you say?" She asked, facing Link as he was still facing ahead.

"I told her that I didn't feel that way. I was lying though, I was struggling to come to terms with it myself" He honestly told her.

"So what should I say?"

"I'll leave it up to you. Tell her whatever you want to tell her"

"Are you sure?"

"Positive"

Once they reached the school, they were running slightly late. It seemed that they walked a lot slower than usual. Once noticing the time, Link panicked a little bit.

"Shoot, look at the time! I better head off, I don't want to be late" Link exclaimed coming through the gates.

"Yeah, I better head off too" Zelda replied, looking at the time herself.

Link planted a small, two second kiss onto Zelda's cheek before starting to run backwards.

"See you second!" He waved before running the normal way to his form group.

Zelda started to pick up her own pace as well, she was heavily blushing from what just happened. Although it was a slight peck on the cheek, the fact that it was out in the open got to her quite a bit.

Her first lesson (like the day before) was art, with Saria. She still wasn't sure what she would say if Saria asked her the same question or ones in a similar nature, but she didn't want to lie. So eventually she just decided to answer questions like that in the heat of the moment, which was a rather hard thought for someone like Zelda.

Just like the day before, she started unpacking her folders and work, when Saria walked into the room. Zelda noticed her but decided to not stare for too long.

It wasn't until halfway through the lesson that Saria even glanced at Zelda. Zelda was completely zoned out at her work so she didn't even notice Saria stroll up to her desk.

"Zelda" She said. 

"Oh... Hi" Zelda replied, trying to be polite.

"Please answer me" She sounded desperate. "I don't even know why I'm so-"

"Yes" Zelda said softly. "I'm sorry... But-"

 "Are you in love with Link? I can't let you just dodge the question again"

"Saria, I, um... Don't want things to get awkward" Zelda said, trying to stall.

"No. Just answer the question. I feel like I already know the answer"

Zelda sighed. "You're getting what you wanted. Yes, I love Link"

"Wait, seriously!?"

"Yes, seriously! Now can you please leave me alone for a minute?" Zelda asked. She sounded rather rude, but Saria was being very pushy and unlike herself.

"Oh. I see how it is" She went back to her seat, aggressively sitting down and carrying on with whatever she was doing, but her head was down.

'I have news for you, regarding Zelda' Saria texted Link. A few minutes later, she got a reply.

'What 'news'?'

'Meet me at break, and I'll tell you'

'Fine. Meet me by the PE block' He texted her.

Saria had no clue that Link felt the same or even knew about Zelda's feelings, so she really thought that she was messing up their friendship. Obviously, she couldn't have been any more wrong.