I Promise

Zelda had fallen asleep then and there, without really realising it. She normally found it quite the challenge trying to doze off. After sleeping for a couple hours, she was awoken by Link shaking her.

"Zelda" He was whispering repeatedly.

"Yeah?" She yawned, waking up.

"It's 6 pm now. I thought I'd wake you up so you didn't sleep without food" He sat at her feet on her bed.

"Oh- Thank you. I'll probably just have cereal though" She replied, sitting up and gazing into his eyes.

"Plus, it'd be bad for you to sleep in your school uniform" Link pointed out as he noticed it, she even still had her tie on.

She laughed. "I didn't even notice" She took off her tie and draped it over her head board, revealing that her top button was undone.

"Top button down? Be careful about that, the head of year would kill you if he saw that"

"Well at least you're wearing a shirt now" She stood up and started stretching, her eyes still focused on Link's.

"I can always take it off" He grabbed the bottom off his shirt and smirked at Zelda, seeing her flustered and embarrassed face.

Zelda didn't say anything, she just left the room and started going downstairs. Link followed on closely behind her, his shirt still on his body.

"Do you want anything?" Zelda asked, before remembering that she only intended to get cereal.

"No thanks. I've already eaten" He replied, taking a seat at the table anyway.

"How?" Zelda asked as she were halfway done worth making her bowl off cornflakes.

"I can make a slice of toast, you know!" He sounded offended.

"Anyway" Zelda sat down next to Link with her bowl off cereal. "Are you coming to school tomorrow?" She asked, looking at Link more than she looked at what she was putting in her own mouth.

"I'm planning on it. I don't know how to handle it so it won't get out of hand though" He honestly answered, his voice now in a serious tone as he looked at Zelda.

"Just meet me at both break and lunch. If you're not there, I'll know that there's something wrong, and I'll come looking for you" She suggested.

"Okay, that sounds good" Link commented.

"And keep your phone recording as you transition through lessons, like last time. Just so if anything happens, there's some sort of evidence"

"Don't you think that's a bit far? I won't let anything happen. I promise" He smiled, standing up and placing a hand of her shoulder.

He wasn't sure if he could really keep that promise, but he wanted to make Zelda feel better. It seemed to work, though. She turned to look at him, a smile sprouting on to her face.

Link bent his knees so that he was at Zelda's height, then pressed a small, but sweet kiss upon her cheek.

"I'm getting in the shower" He backed away and began walking towards the door. "Enjoy your cereal!" He waved back at her whilst walking down the corridor.

He did as he said, and jumped into the shower that led off from his bedroom.

Once Zelda had finished her bowl, she washed it out and placed it in the dish washer.

~~~~~~~~~~

Once Link had (finally) got out of the shower, he quickly noticed that Zelda was in bed. She would normally be watching a tv show or anime by now, but the house was dead quiet.

He worried a little bit, but realised how stupid he was being and calmed down. He waddled to his room with a towel wrapped around his waist. Once he was in his room, he dried his body and put on his pyjama pants. He then took the towel that was wrapped around his waist, and vigorously shook it on his sandy hair, drying it a little bit. This caused his hair to get very poufy though.

He heard a little knock on the door, that was obviously from Zelda's fairly small hands. Link was confused on why she'd knocked, he told her when he first started 'moving in' that she could just come in whenever she wanted. But then again, he had just gotten out of the shower and could've potentially been naked.

"Come in!" He shouted, trying not to be too quiet so she could hear him.

She opened the door slowly and peeped around it. Once seeing that Link wasn't completely naked, she entered his room completely, her face still going red as she saw his shirtless, bruised back.

"Just wanted to make sure you're okay" She giggled, moving a strand of hair that was in her face to behind her ear.

"I'm fine. I'm going in tomorrow. Trust me," He started, but Zelda was dying to say something too.

Link knew he was acting way too over confident, and that this act he was keeping up was extremely exaggerated. He really did feel okay about school and felt like nothing else would happen; there's a fine line between what is real, and what is not. He felt immediate butterflies in his stomach, but not the good kind. Instead of butterflies, anxiety is more like moths. They're similar to butterflies, but they're not liked.

Zelda stood on her tiptoes until she reached Link's height. It wasn't hard at all since they were both small. She wrapped her arms around his neck, and pulled him into her. Link was surprised, he really didn't expect anything like this. He did hug her back though, wrapping his arms around her  lower back.

"Don't be afraid" She whispered into his ear as she gripped tighter.

It was weird, but just like that...

The moths had flown away as butterflies took their place.