Short Tempered

The next morning, Link woke up and didn't even think twice about what had happened in the past few days, and just got out of bed and did his daily school routine. It was a Friday after all, so he only had to go through one more day of school before two weeks off.

He tended to get up a lot earlier than Zelda, and often showered before going to school. Zelda however, absolutely hated getting out of bed.

She was such a tired human being, and could sleep through anything. Link was obviously aware of this, so he knew not to interrupt her sleep and wake her up unless she was late.

He snuck into the shower and was out within 10 minutes. He got himself dressed and dragged himself downstairs, where he saw Zelda sat at the table dressed, sluggishly eating a bowl of cereal.

"Good morning!" He said sarcastically, purposefully making fun of her bitter mood.

"At least it's the last day. I honestly can't wait" She finished what she was eating and put her bowl into the sink.

They waited it out for a while. Zelda was up earlier than normal, so time seemed to fly. They began walking to school a little earlier than usual, but they still got there at the same time.

"Shoot. We've got assembly, haven't we?" Link asked.

"Yeah" Zelda sighed. They had to go into the assembly hall as soon as they got there, and they had to sit far away from eachother.

Link noticed that Groose was unfortunately in school, but he expected him to be anyway.

I don't care. Link thought. I love Zelda, and I am not going to let her down. I won't fight, I won't get mad. I'm just going to walk away, and everything will be fine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The whole day from then on was fine. Until lunch had finished. Link didn't have any trouble with running into Groose or anyone. Once the lunch break had finished though, he began walking to his next lesson. He began walking the way he did last time, but unfortunately bumped into Groose in the exact same place.

"Took your time, didn't you?" He taunted, stepping so close to Link that his back was completely pressed onto the locker behind him.

It was only Groose that was there, so Link felt less anxious about taking him on.

But it was then he remembered.

He wasn't going to take him on.

"How does your back feel, you weakling?" Groose asked, exaggerating.

Link didn't say anything.

Nothing at all.

He just simply took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

He lifted his hand up and put it on Groose's chest, gently pushing him backwards as he stepped away from the locker.

"I don't know who you think you are," He opened his eyes and stared right into Groose's surprised ones. "But if you hurt anyone I care for, then you'll regret it"

Maybe threatening him wasn't the best idea, but Link knew that Groose was ultimately scared and intimidated by him. Although it wouldn't stop anything then and there,

Progress was definitely being made.

*END*

I hope you enjoyed this story! If you want, you can check out my others if you did!