Oh... Wow.

Link started rushing home as soon as he was out of Saria's sight. He didn't really understand what he'd just done at the time, but it was to sink in soon. He didn't really understand that with things like this, it was okay to say no if he wanted to, that it would hurt more if he lied. He didn't want to hurt or offend anyone, but he didn't think about what burdens would be put on him for his reckless decisions.

He picked up his phone and pressed the dial button on Zelda's number. She picked up almost immediately.

"Hi" She said. She seemed to have calmed down from earlier.

"Hey. I'm on my way back now, so hang in there" He was out of breath from the jog he'd kept up.

"Okay. Where have you been, anyway?" She asked.

Link didn't know what to tell her over the phone. He didn't think it was a big deal, but he wanted to see how she reacted instead of leaving her hanging.

"I'll tell you when I get back. It's hard to explain over the phone" His speed picked up as he almost reached the street where Zelda's house were. "I'm only a few minutes away. I'll see you then" He added.

"Okay. See ya" She said before hanging up, her voice seemingly nervous.

Once Link arrived, he sprinted into the living room, leaving the front door wide open.

"Are you okay?" He screamed in the doorway. He made Zelda jump as he was still trying to catch his breath.

"Link! Yes, I'm fine!" She shouted back, laughing immediately afterwards. Link went to close the door he left wide open when he heard a deep breath from Zelda.

He walked back into the room Zelda was in and sat down next to her.

"So where were you?" She asked, sipping on a cup of hot chocolate.

"I was at the park. With Saria" He said, slouching down the couch.

Zelda would be lying if she said she wasn't at least a little bit surprised.

"How was it?" She sipped again.

"It was... Well, I don't really know how to explain this" He awkwardly laughed as he could feel Zelda's confused stares.

"Did... Something happen?" She put her cup down, invested more into the conversation.

"Believe it or not, she asked me out" Link rushed out.

"Oh. What did you say?" She instinctively went into the mode of asking questions about everything.

"I think I said yes" He put his face into his hands.

Zelda chuckled as she turned her head back to face the television. She wasn't too surprised as she suspected it anyway.

"Wow. I... didn't know you fancied her" She picked up her cup again and tried to seem as neutral as possible about the whole situation.

"Neither did I. I don't, but I didn't want to say no and upset her" He sat up, shuffling closer to the blonde haired goddess. Zelda took a few seconds to process what he just said.

"Link, you idiot!" Zelda shouted, putting her face into her palms.

"What have I done?" Link said defensively, raising both of his hands in the air.

"You can't just accept something like that without actually wanting to, just because it'll hurt the other person!" She stood up, feeling more sorry for Saria than anyone else.

"But you told me to always try and make people happy! How else was I supposed to go about that?" He stood up as well, mainly so he felt like he wasn't being lectured.