Boredom

Zelda left his room and continued to get ready for school. She couldn't stay off just because Link did. She was no doubt going to see Groose or Mido at some point throughout the day, and she knew that it would take a lot for her to keep completely quiet. Especially since Groose tried to flirt with her in whatever lessons they had together. Of course, Zelda normally just ignored him or rejected him on the spot.

"See you!" Zelda shouted up the stairs at Link as she stepped out the door. She took a deep breath, then continued walking to school.

He was normally the one who had rather high attendance, but when these incidents started happening the numbers started drastically dropping. As expected, school got quite concerned at one point, but turned a blind eye when they found out why. The school had some policy on things like this, but just tried to cover anything to do with it up, as they couldn't be bothered to deal with the hassle.

Zelda was never a bad student, and turned up to all of her lessons most of the time. She tried so hard to keep her grades high and have a good impression on teachers and anyone of authority. However, keeping that up whilst the same people of authority were pushing down and refusing to help her best friend was a challenge. 

The school day was boring. Every lesson dragged on and every conversation seemed to last hours longer than they normally would. Zelda even ran out of course work and just had to sit staring at a blank computer screen at break and lunch. 

The only emotion she felt besides boredom throughout the school day, was anger. Or some form of it at least. Everytime she saw Groose or Mido, she couldn't help but feel her heart start picking up pace and her cheeks flushing red. However, it wasn't the same as it were with Link. Sure, the same thing happened, but the reasons and emotions behind it couldn't be more different. She had to take a few deep breaths to calm herself before she felt herself doing something she regretted. She was honestly just scared of embarrassing Link again, like she did last time.

She managed to make it without leaving though. Sure, she'd dealt with school when Link wasn't there, but this felt so much different as she knew that he was afraid of losing his own temper. He stayed off because he didn't want to hurt anyone, not because he was scared of being hurt by someone else. That's what everyone else misunderstood about last time. They thought that he was just scared about getting beat up, but they couldn't have been more wrong.

Zelda managed to keep her mouth shut for the whole day at school, and just got on with whatever she could without getting distracted. 

Although it was definitely a long one, the school day was finally over.

Zelda was drained, she felt like she hadn't laughed in too long, although it had only been a few hours. It seemed that a lot of her emotions in a day revolved around Link, and any day she didn't see much of him seemed like a really bad one, although it was mostly regular.

Zelda dawdled home, she felt so tired and felt like she would fall asleep on the spot. All she could think about was her bed and how much she wanted to just sleep for eternity. 

Even the short walk home seemed to take twice as long. She couldn't even listen to music as her phone ran out of battery because she didn't put it on charge the night before.

Once she made it through the door, she yawned loudly as she started dragging herself up the stairs. She wanted to check in on Link, but having a little nap wouldn't have hurt anyone. Once she reached her room, she flopped down onto her bed, her eyes already closed.

"Zelda?" She heard Link's voice. She was face down, and was immediately convinced that she was hallucinating, so she didn't reply. "Tiring day, huh?" He asked, revealing himself as he stepped into Zelda's line of sight.

"Link? When did you come in here?" She tried to sound annoyed, but failed miserably.

"Well, you're a girl, right?" He asked, smirking. He still didn't have shirt on. Zelda obviously noticed, and started blushing quite intensely.

"Well done. Must've taken you awhile to figure that out" She replied sarcastically, lifting her head up.

"I just thought that all teenage girls have a diary, so I was trying to see if you had one" He sniggered.

"Diary? Me? Please, I'm not that sad"

"Really? Because I think I found something just before you came in" He held up a purple book with a little lock on it.

"W-Where did you find that?" Zelda asked, sitting up completely.

"Under your bed. Not a very creative hiding spot" He laughed, taking a closer look at the lock.

"Have fun trying to figure out the password" She flopped down again, closing her eyes.

"Oh, I will" He replied, leaving.

"And put a shirt on!" Zelda shouted, although it was muffled by the pillows. She could hear Link's loud laugh.

"Make me!" He shouted back, through his own laughter.

At least he seems okay. Heck, he even seems happy. I'm sure things will be fine. There's no way he won't come to school tomorrow Zelda thought.