five

melody

i walk fast to my car, my legs moving more rapidly by the second. i took every precaution in not running into adym today. i showed up to class five minutes early to not see him in the halls, and made sure to take jayda to the library for an "emergency talk" for lunch. to my luck, i see a tall figure appear. adym. he's leaning against my car and watching me as i stop and furrow my eyebrows. he stands up and starts walking towards me, not loosing the eye contact he initially made.

"what do you want," i groan, stepping to the side of him to reach my hand towards my car door.

adym gently pushes my arm away and stands in front of me, peering down at my stature.

"what's up with you?," he asks, sounding genuinely concerned.

"can you stop with the act? you're not bullshitting anyone."

"what fucking act?"

"the act where you pretend like you truly care for me just to get into my pants. the act where i put my whole heart on the line and you treat it like it's nothing," i viciously respond, stretching out the last word.

he looks at me, shocked at the tone i used and the words i said. he then steps closer to me, eliminating any type of space between our bodies, before saying his next word.

"who says i don't care about you?," he whispers, eyebrows furrowing.

"maybe the fact that you broke up with me because i didn't want to have sex with you," i said, taking a few steps back.

"look, i was young and stupid. really fucking stupid. but, im not like that anymore, i promise," he responds, combing his hair with his hand.

i shake my head, not believing a single word he says.

"wait, why does this bother you now? you were mad at me for awhile after it happened, but you just seemed to move on and silently hate me since. now, you're acting like you did when my idiotic self broke up with you. you're pushing me away and ignoring me. i just ... i dont get it. why are these feelings coming up now?"

i take a big gulp after he takes his last words, exhaling loudly and massaging my temples with my two forefingers.

"can you just leave so i can go? or you want me to make you leave?," i threaten, raising both of my eyebrows upwards.

adym puts his hands up, surrendering, and walks away. i get in my car and don't look back.

melody

"melody!,"

i alarmingly awake to the sound of my name being yelled. my bulging eyes meet the teachers, and my face turns a deep shade of red.

"if you don't mind, some of us would like to learn."

a group of soft laughter emerge from the back of the room as the teacher says that, causing me to turn my head and furrow my eyebrows. fuck, it's adym and his friends. i still dont get why the teacher said that though. was i snoring or something? people sleep in class all the time, i don't see what my issue was.

once the bell rung, i leaped out of my chair and bolted for the door. mentally racking my brain for the next period, i remember that we just finished fourth period and we have lunch fifth. thank god.

once i'm at the table and situated with my friends, i see a group of boys walking in our direction. all i could think was, why me?

"yoooo mel, i heard about your little scene in world studies today," one of his goons says, elbowing his friend.

"what scene? i fell asleep and i got caught. it's not a big deal," i say, rolling my eyes and turning my attention back to my homemade torta. god, i love having a mexican mother.

"that's not what i heard," he says, plopping down next to eddie. eddie's probably the funniest person i know. he is definitely my gbf (stands for gay best friend).

"oh really? then what did you hear?"

"yo shut up," adym says to him, sounding pretty aggravated. why does he even care?

"no. enlighten me," i say, placing my head in my hands and begin to stare at him menacingly.

"well," he begins, lowering his voice and leaning in to the rest of the group, "i heard you whimpering and moaning adym's name over and over again, until your voice got sore and your panties got soaked."

blood starts rising upwards, from my neck to all over my face. i dont know how to react, so i just sit there with a stupid look on my face. the rest of the table is so silent, you could hear a pin drop. tears start to form and i get up in a panic, running towards the bathroom. i really wasn't going to cry during lunch, especially in front of adym and all of his friends. that's what they want, and im not going to give it to them.

"wait mel," i hear adym's voice in the distance say. i ignore him and start running faster, pushing the door to the ladies room open.

i swiftly move into a stall and put my feet on the toilet seat. i violently wipe the tears of my cheeks, reminding myself to not let them get to me. that's humiliating. not only did i fall asleep in class, but having a wet dream in class?

"mel please come out," adym softly says.

i bite my lip and shake my head, letting tears fall onto my knees. i'm such a joke.

"look - nick was just giving you a hard time. it really wasn't that bad. you might've moaned my name just a few times, but, wait that's not the point-"

i subconsciously let out a breathy laugh, and later smack myself on the forehead for doing so.

"you get what i'm saying," he laughs along awkwardly, "it's not like you were the first person to have a wet dream in class."

"please, the adym alexander yorba had a wet dream in class?"

"pshhh, of course. to be honest, i've had them more times than i can remember. it happens to the best of us," he lightly laughs, sounding more relaxed.

"now will you please come out?"

i hesitantly open the metal patch and emerge from the stall. adym's standing there with a sympathetic look on his face, and i am once again confused by his actions.

"why are you doing all this? why are you even bothering?" i whisper, my voice trailing off.

just then, adym's lips come in contact with mine. he envelopes his lips over mine, and it seems to feel like it lasts forever. only when he pulls apart, i felt the emptiness inhabiting my lips.

"that's why."

--------
JSNAKSNAKAKIS.

SHOOK.

okay so leave me feedback or sum about how you feel about this chapter ??? i know it's not the best, just because i was rushing to get an update up for you guys. whatever your opinion on this, i really hope you liked this! i really love how this story is coming along.