twelve

adym

after fooling around, we actually managed to get some work done. i just couldn't be in a 1 foot vicinity of her. what can i say, she's practically irresistible.

"oh you're home," my mom abruptly says while opening the door, causing melanie's and my head to pop up.

"do your hands not work?," i respond, commenting on the fact that she didn't bother to knock. she shakes her head and then pats down the tangled black heap on her head, attempting to make it look better. that attempt did not work.

"oh who's this?," she asks as she notices mel's presence. she takes a few steps further entering my room, making me bite my lip in anxiousness.

"a friend."

"her hair sure as hell doesn't look like she's just a friend to you," she scrutinizes, giving melody a cold stare.

melody's eyes turn to me and then my mom, at a lost for words.

"what did i tell you about bringing sluts home!" she yells, a ferocious glare in her eyes.

"don't fucking talk to her like that," i growl, getting up from the bed to meet her crazed eyes.

"adym its fine just sit down," melody pleads, trying to defuse the situation.

"no its not, she can't fucking call you that," i say turning to melody and then back to the unfamiliar woman standing in front of me.

"stop fucking cursing at me adym alyxander yorba! you're so difficult and you do nothing right! all you do is mess around and expect to get everything you want. you're terrible! this is why your dad left you!"

i scoff, shaking my head in disbelief before the hateful words escape my mouth.

"he left because you couldn't get your druggy ass together to take care of your fucking family. that's why he left asshole," i spit, not breaking eye contact.

tears start to form in her eyes and a few spill out, making contact with her cheek. she leaves not muttering a word, with her head low and shoulders solemn. i take a big breath and run my hands through my hair, not remember melody was here in this room and just witnessed what happened.

i hear the bed creak and caramel arms wrap around my body. she lightly places her lips on my neck, giving me a soft peck.

"im good mel," i say turning around, meeting her eyes.

she looks at me for a while, just staying connected.

"okay," she softly speaks before she meets her lips with mine.