Chapter 4

Dean's POV

Sam and I had stop at some steak house on are way to Tennessee to get a drink and see the owner, Dallas. Dallas had been one of my dad's old hunting pals back in the day but now he just worked serving steaks. His place was checkered black and white and covered in bull skulls. There was a stage that cover one side that only had one curtain. The seat were leather but it was ripping and stuffing was falling out. This was my kinda place.

We got are table and a waitress came over to take are order. She couldn't have been older than sixteen but knew exactly who I was.

" What can I get you, Sam and Dean?" she ask and I gave her a strange look "You are looking for Dallas, aren't you?"

"Yeah, is he here?" Sam asked and she nodded.

"Dad" she called through the restaurants opening to the kitchen. A minute later a tall man with a grey goatee and a cowboy hat stepped out. He looked to be about forty and had bright blue eyes. His mouth curved up when he smiled like he had done when I was little.

"Sam and Dean Winchester. It been like what twenty years?" He asked with a laugh and just had to laugh along. " Callie, can you get these boys a drink?"

Callie nodded a hurried back to the kitchen. A lady with blond hair and red lipstick came on to the stage and said with a country accent that the battle of the bands had started. Dallas glanced up at her and said "That's Sherry, my wife and Callie's mother. She's also my love of my life."

We sat and talk while a couple different bands played but I hardly noticed. I explained to Dallas about Rachael and how I was trying to find her when Sam elbowed me hard in the gut. He pointed at the stage where Sherry was announcing the last band.

"Last but not least....The Runaways." A bunch of teens walked on stage and I didn't understand why Sam had elbowed me until I saw the singer. She looked taller and more confident then I had remembered but it was still her. It was Rachael.

She stood at the mic and smiled "How is everybody tonight?" a roared went up through the restaurant "Okay, we are going to play you a song called Bulletproof Heart by My Chemical Romance."

Her finger touched the frets of her guitar and she began to play. She was amazing. I had never heard her play but now that I did I realize how much about her. She began to sing.

Gravity don't mean too much to me
I'm who I've got to be
These pigs are after me, after you

Run away like it was yesterday
And we could run away
If we could run away,
Run away from here

I watched as her and her friends finished and stared in awe. They were amazing. Sherry seemed to realize to because she gave them the prize, a shiny black electric guitar, and they began to walk out. They were already out of the door when Sam and I finished enduring the performance. Rachael had seem to star at me the whole time without even looking at me. It was like she was looking through me.

As Sam and I ran into the parking lot we saw her begin to get into a white van with the rest of the kids that had been in the band. She had her new guitar slung over her back and she was high-five one of her friends.

"Rachael" Sam called and she turned and looked at us. She turned and whispered something to her friend before beginning to walk are way. As she slowly walk she took out a cigarette and light it. One of guys in the window of the van cursed and rolled his eyes when he saw it. I guess she had become quite the smoker.

"Hey Dean." She said like nothing had ever happened. It was like she had only gone to supermarket instead of disappeared for six months " It's good to see you."