Chapter 9

Dean's POV

Sam and I were driving down the freeway in my car when my phone began to vibrate. I picked it up and answer without looking at the caller because I was focused on the road.

"Hello this is Jim Morse."

"Um..Dean it's Rachael."

I could feel my eye go wide and Sam saw it. He mouthed "Who is it?"

I mouthed back "Rachael"

Sam raised his eyebrows in confusion but didn't say anything. I turned off the Metallica song that was playing over the speaker so I could hear better. What did she want? I thought she hated me!

"Dean? Are you still there?" she asked and I jolted back into reality.

"Yeah. Hey kiddo" I said trying to sound cool and collected but my voice kinda cracked in the middle.

"I'm sorry for what I said. It really had nothing to do with you." I can tell she's trying to stay calm too by how she is speaking slowly. "Can we meet up?"

I look over at Sam and mouth him what she said. He nods his head vigorously.

"Yeah sure" I say and then realised that how dumb it sounded. I cringed.

"There is a hotel on the way to Tennessee called Clay Bakers Retreat. It just off of I77. Meet me there."

Then she hangs up. She did say a time or why she wanted to meet up. I shut the phone and set it down.

"What she say?" Sam asked grinning stupidly.

"Keep your eyes peeled for Clay Bakers Retreat."

Btw: There is a 13 Reasons Why sort of mention in here. You see it?