Chapter 8

Rachael's POV

The whole way to Tennessee Wraithen asked me questions about everything. Instead of answering him and looking insane I just wrote the answer down on a piece of paper. He was really fascinated by Batman.

"But why a bat? Why not something fierce like a lion?" He asked flipping through a old Batman and Robin comic. The other talk and chanted as if nothing was wrong like a apocalyptic angel wasn't in the back seat. Then I remembered that they couldn't see him.

I wrote back "Because a bat is suppose to be scary and Lion Man sounds dumb."

He gave me and weird look "God didn't create bats to be scary. He created them so you guys wouldn't be eaten alive by mosquitoes!"

This got a laugh out of me. Everyone turned and gave me a odd look. No one could tell what I was laughing at and I couldn't tell them without looking like I was off my rocker.

"Someone texted me something funny. You don't know them." I croaked indicating to my phone which wasn't even on. Alex wasn't even listening and Dillon was talking to Jack. Only Maddie seem to notice. She gave me a awkward look and then went back to writing in her notebook. She was always writing in her notebook but I never knew what. Whenever I asked her she would simply say "Things" and then turn back to writing.

Wraithen picked up my pencil and notebook and started sketching a circle. Then he started to draw around the circle and after a while it began to look like a person. A man.

'Maybe God or a fellow angle' I thought as I watched him draw. The man was wearing a leather jacket and had a grin or his face. It wasn't until he drew the eyes that I realised who it was. It was Dean Winchester.

He handed me back the notebook and smiled at me sincerely "Their just trying to help. You should call them."

My lips twisted into a frown and I lifted my eyebrows. I was suppose to hate him. He left my mom to die. He...he...he was still in my mind. The pain on his face as he ran after me still haunts me. I wanted to go back but what about my friends. Jack, Dillon, and Alex. Not to mention Maddie.

I couldn't leave Maddie. She was my best friends. She taught me how to smile even in the darkest times. I knew if I left everyone else would be okay but not her. Before me she was just a orphan in a old falling down building that had bad wifi. She had never experienced demons or monsters but also adventure. So after she totally saved all our asses from a shape shifter we kinda "kind napped" her. She mine know and I won't ever leave her.

What about everyone here? If I go with them then what will they do.

He replied real slow but it still came as a shock "Jack, Dillon, and Alex do not wish to hunt anymore. They are only doing it for you. You and Maddie will go with the Winchester. I will come along because we are connected."

I looked around at all my friends and then took a sharp breath in "Guys, do you really want to hunt anymore or are you just doing it for me." Maddie shook her head but the rest suddenly became more interested in the floor "I know your not and I respect that. I'm going to keep on hunting with my.....dad. Maddie, please come with me. You don't have to but I'm begging you to."

Maddie didn't say anything and nodded.

"I'm going to call my...dad to see if he will meet Maddie and I at the next motel. After that the van is your and you are all free to live your lives with no monster or demons.

Everyone nodded still not saying a word. They all seem in shock. There was this pity in Jack's eyes that was so strong I had to turn my head in order to look away.

I reached for my phone and dialled the number Dean had given me last time. The phone rung a couple of times and doubt crossed my mind. What if he hates me? I was a pretty big jerk to him. I clutched my guitar neck with my spare hand.

"Hello?"