Chapter 19

Rachael's POV

"Haylie's back, bitches" said a girl stepping over Wraithens body as if it was garbage on the street. "It a shame about your friend."

Haylie looked about sixteen. She had dark purplish black hair that matched her eyes. Her outfit consisted of black army boots, skinny jeans, and a black crop top. Many bracelets littered her arms and her eye liner looked darker and heavier than the color of Dean's Impala.

"Aren't you a beauty!" Haylie brushed her hand against left cheek. Her fingers felt like ice but also warm. By the look on Deans face he didn't like her touching me. His teeth were clenched and his knuckles were white from holding his blade. None of us moved but Haylie.

"You were wrong about your little friend." Haylie kicked the dead limp angels head with little care. "He wasn't what you should of feared. You should feared me!"

Her eyes turned dark red and her smile grew bigger. It looked creepier and more insane. She held out her hand towards me and started to close her fingers into a fist.

My chest began to hurt and it was as if I was choking. I was different. More evil and devious. It felt like I'd lost all feelings of pain and joy. Nothing seemed to seem happy anymore. None of all the memories hurt anymore. None of faces of those I had hurt or killed hurt anymore. None of it hurt. It felt good.

I had to laugh at the feeling because it felt so good. It wasn't my normal laugh but a scary crazier laugh. It was like Haylie's. All good was until I saw Maddie's face. It was full of fear and sadness. My voice felt alien as I spoke "What's wrong?"

"You're eyes... their black!"