Chapter 16

Rachael's POV

"What happened between you and your dad? It kinda like you have a love hate relationship." Maddie asked while eating a bag of crisps. The angel had passed out on the couch which I thought was odd since he didn't need sleep.

"He saved my life." I answered thinking back to when we first met. "My aunt had thrown a glass beer bottle at my stomach. It broke and tons of piece got impaled into my stomach. I didn't know what to do so I went to him. Sam and him some how managed to stitched me up and stop the bleeding."

I pulled up my shirt just enough to show my stomach. It looked like a knife had disfigured it. It was bunched up in some places and stretched in others. There was big black stitchings binding the skin together. Even if you ignored all that then you could still see the red lines from where the bottle had cut me and the black and blueness from where it had never healed. It had been the worst thing my Aunt Janet had done to me in all the nine years I had lived with her and it was the deciding factor for if I'd stay or go.

"Oh" was all Maddie was able to say. She wrapped her arms around my shoulders and pulled me into a big hug. She was careful not to touch my stomach but it still felt genuine.

I hadn't realized I was crying until Maddie let go and handed me a tissue. She also made me a big mug of her famous hot chocolate and got me a blanket. We sat down to finish our Harry Potter marathon.

"I'm glad you told me." Maddie whispered trying not to wake up Wraithen.

"Yeah, but sadly not crop tops for me. Good thing though because with all these sweets I'm going to look like a walrus!" I quietly laughed.

"Well if your the walrus then I'm the egg man!" she joked.

We went back to watching the movie and all I could think of was how much Dean had done for me. He had actually cared about me when no one else did. But he still left my mom. He had left her all alone to take care of a baby. If he would have been there then maybe he could have stopped Crowley. The thought of Crowley made me tighten my grip on my mug. I was going to kill him even it killed me.

The only reason he had attack my mom was because he was suppose to kill me. He had gotten the wrong target so in a way it was my fault. I had gotten my mother killed. It was all my fault. Because of this dumb prophecy about me being the next Lucifer I had gotten her killed. I was truly evil.

My eyes started to sting but I held back my tears. I didn't want Maddie asking anymore questions. Besides we had other things to worry about like the vampires, why a witch was living next door, and would I live through this. Even though I didn't cry Maddie sensed something wrong. She hugged me again and didn't let go until she knew I was okay. I felt safer and I was glad she came.

"Thank you."