[2] Best Date Ever

Kennedy's POV ~

It's been about a week since Nate has came up here to meet me. Just about everyday of the week, he has came to check up on me. I don't know why he is so worried about me being robbed, I have lived here by myself for six years.

What do we do on the nights he is here?

The first night, we played board games. The second night, we watched his favorite movie, Idenity Theft.

Third night, we played hide and seek. (He thought it was such a good idea, since my house is really big.)

On the other nights, he came up with several different movies and junk food.

It makes me wonder, does he live by himself, or does he have no great relationship with anyone?

I don't really have any friends, either, but that's my fault. I basically shut out the whole world because of the tragic incident.

As I lay here on my couch thinking of the past great nights I have had with Nate, I hear a surprising knock at my door.

I walk up to the door, and see a flower shop man.

"Hello, are you Kennedy Fain?"

I kindly nod my head with a smile, and then handed a boquet of roses, with a note on top.

I then nod at my head at the man, kind of trying to tell him thank you, and he tells me "Have a good day!" as i shut the door and lock it back.

I walk into the kitchen, and place the boquet on the island top, and pick up the note.

On the outside of it, was a red sparkly heart and my initals in the middle of it.

I open it, and read the sweet words.

"Roses are red, violets are blue;

I would love to go on an offical date with you.

Take this time to dress up, because I promise you the time will come fast enough,

I cannot wait till tonight, just the two of us.

~Nate"

I smile really big as I place the note down beside the flowers, and then dash up the stairs to get ready.

(...)

Nate's POV~

I decided to dress up a little tonight for our date, not TOO classy, but not shaggy looking either.

It's a quarter till eight, so I began to walk up to Kennedy's gate.

I press the button, and await for Kennedy to let me in.

Her little quiet giggle come on over the intercom.

I laugh back to her, and ask if I can come in.

She hummed mhm, and slowly but surely, the gates opened.

I make my way up to her house on her long driveway. I still do not get why she has such a long driveway, but I suppose it's for a good purpose.

As I get closer to the house, I see her standing in the door frame like usual, smiling back at me, except, she looked quite different than usual.

Perfect red hair in curls, straight down.

A black one sleeve dress, that hugs her waist beautifully.

I finally reach her front porch, and I stop directly in front of her.