[3] Piano Lessons

Kennedy Fain

As I stand in front of the calendar hanging on the kitchen wall, I notice that today's date is a very special date.

Our One Month Anniversary.

I hear slightly foot steps come down the stairs and onto the cold kitchen floor. I knew who it was, I didn't even have to turn around. I just smiled to myself as I felt his arms wrap around my waist, slightly squeezing me and then planting a kiss on my cheek.

"What are you looking at?" He asked, in his morning sleepy voice. I point to the calendar, and then to the date, to make sure he seem exactly what day it was.

"Oh, today is our one month anniversary, isn't it?" I nodded slightly while turning my head to look at him, and notice his warm smile. Before I knew it, he laid his warm soft lips upon mine.

"Happy one month anniversary, I love you." He muzzled his mouth into the right side of my neck.

I kiss the top of his head, then walk over to the stove to begin cooking breakfast.

Walking over beside me, Nate moved my hand back to me, and stops me from doing anything. I look up to him with a confused look, only to see him with a smirk.

"How about I take you out for breakfast this morning, since today is a special day?" I smile and nod at his offer. He kisses my forehead. "Okay then, go get ready!"

I race up the stairs to the bedroom, and immediately open up the door to my walk in closet.

Nate Ruess

I walk over to the bottom of the staircase to make sure the coast is clear, then pull my phone out of my pocket.

I press in numbers then pull the phone up to my ear, listening to the rings and awaiting.

"Hey man, what's up Ruess?"

"Hey Jack, I need you to do me a favor later on tonight."

"Sure man, what is it?"

****

Kennedy Fain

After walking down town for a few blocks, Nate finally stops me in front of a retro diner. I've seen it a couple of times in the past out of the moving car's window, but never up this close.

"Does this suit your likings, Ms. Fain?"

I giggle and nod at the same time, as his charming smile appears and he slowly opens up the front glass see through door to the diner, waiting for me to walk in first.

We sit down at a booth in the back of the restaurant, across from each other.

"I'm really hungry, aren't you?"

I nod to him, while opening up the menu to skim the pages, trying to find something I would possibly eat, since I have never ate here before, which is sad, because I have lived here all of my life and it's so close to my home.

After the waitress gotten our drink orders, Nate holds his arms out on the table top, palms facing the ceiling, awaiting me to rest my palms onto his.

I lay my palms into his, giving a secure breath while closing my eyes, smiling once I open them back up to see his beautiful eyes.

"I cannot believe we have been dating for a month, y'know?"

I blush while looking down at my lap, then I look back up to him to meet his beautiful eyes with mine.

Letting go of his hands, I reach for my phone that is in my cardigan's pocket, and place it on the table, giving my talking app time to open up.