[9] Finding Out

Nate Ruess

I wake up from snoozing on the couch, looking around to see if Kennedy had possibly came out of the bedroom.

I get up, stretching my arms and yawning, and walk over to the end of the staircase, looking up at the bedroom door.

It was closed and more than likely locked.

I look over to the entrance of the kitchen, and begin walking to it.

I open the top cabinet door and look for a good looking mug, then fill it up with coffee from our coffee machine.

While waiting on the mug to fill completely, I gathered my thoughts to myself.

I thought about the past fight me and Kennedy had, and all I had said to her.

It came to me.

The box is missing. The special box. The engagement ring I spent so much money on for Kennedy.

But I have no idea where it could've gone?

Kennedy couldn't of taken it, because knowing her, she would bring it up to me and ask me where it came from, and the surprise would have been ruined.

The only other possible person who could have taken it was Dylan.

Dylan wouldn't do that, he's too nice and innocent to do that.

I shake my head at the awful thought inside my head, and I am disturbed of my thoughts by the heavy footsteps of Dylan with his baseball cleats on.

"I'm walking down to the ball park dad, be back in about an hour or so." He said to me in a low tone, trying to not wake up Kennedy. But his footsteps could have easily done it, alone.

"Kay son, be safe." I said back while he was on his way out of the door.

I grabbed my mug of coffee and watched from the front window pane as he made his way down the black top driveway and past our security gate.

As soon as he turned the corner and wasn't in sight anymore, I sat my coffee mug down and began to walk towards the staircase, and up them.

I made my way down the narrow hallway, and stopping at the first door on the right.

On the front of it, was a sign that said "Dylan's Room" on the front of it, the sign we made for him before his arrival day.

I turned the knob slowly, pushing the door open as easily as I could.

Once it was completely open, I walked in slowly, taking a glance around.

Once my eyes laid onto his dresser, I couldn't take my eyes off of it.

The dresser is usually where someone hides something that they don't want someone to see.

But Dylan wouldn't steal something like that from me, would he?

I turn my back to the dresser, and stare at the ground while shaking my head.

"No, he wouldn't." I said in a whisper.

I turned back around to face the dresser once more, and slowly walking towards it.

I observed the texture and appearance of the top drawer before I opened it.

Pulling on it slightly, I heard the squeak of the wood rubbing against each other on the inside, trying to be even quieter for I am extremely close to Ken.

I finally get it open, and begin to scan the objects that are on the very top.

Usual boy things.

Deordant, pictures of models, baseball cards...

I started to move everything to look around and make sure it was completely searched.

I almost got to the bottom when I was met by a box.

A light blue, white ribbon wrapped, box.

The same box I got for Kennedy.

Kennedy Fain

I haven't slept for 17 hours. I've laid in my bed this whole time with tears falling from my eyes, and tissues are scattered all across of my bed.

Yes, my bed.

Since he hasn't been sleeping in it for almost what seems like a month, he doesn't even deserve to be included in the title anymore.

But what also makes me feel worse, is the fact he hasn't even tried to make it better between us. He hasn't even wanted to show any appreciation towards me.

He lives under my roof, he eats my food, he uses my bathroom, what kind of person is like that?

I sit up from the bed and stretch my arms, then scratch my head and come to notice that I need to bathe.

I take a heavily sigh, then get up from the bed and slowly walk over to the bathroom.

I strip myself while examining my body in the mirror.

My tattoo comes into sight, and it automatically reminds me of when Nate first seen it.

"It's a tattoo I got back when I was seventeen. It was a symbol of happiness in my opinion. I wanted something to be on my body to remind me to always stay positive, and stay happy."

I stand in the shower, looking around and imagining all of the things that have happened in this shower.

It makes me miss his strong and muscular arms wrapped around me as I stood under the water.

I just wish he would turn back to his normal self. Ever since that night he was drunk, it's like the devil got inside him.

But I can't let go of him.

Something inside me refuses to.

It's because I have no one else. All I have, is him and Dylan.

Nate is like my rock, and I can't go on without him.

He makes everything in life easier for me, and takes away a lot of emotional pain.

I stand up inside the shower and shut it off. I get out and immediately dry myself off, throwing my robe off of me.

I open the door and start running to the other bedroom door, where I open the door and immediately see Nate standing in the hallway staring back at me with a sad expression.

I was trying the whole time to hold back my tears, but I just couldn't now.

"Nate... Please.." I said in a soft voice.

"Please come here." He pleaded.

I ran to him and immediately fell into his arms. I have missed him too much to bear my walls any longer. I needed him, and he needed me.

"Nate I'm so sorry..." I said through whimpers.

"Don't be sorry, I'm the one that is suppose to be sorry.."