[4] Park

Evil Woman - ELO

Mr. Blue Sky - ELO

Nate Ruess

Me and Kennedy decided to take a little stroll down to the park, since the sun was out shining and there was not one single cloud in the sky.

Right before we were getting ready to leave, Kennedy gained a text from her cousin, Amanda.

As Kennedy is paying attention to her phone, I take a quick jog up the stairs and into our bedroom.

I look into the hallway both ways before closing the door, to make sure that Kennedy is no where in sight.

I close the door, then turn around to face our wardrobe and closet.

I get on my knees and start to reach under our cabinet, and pull out a light blue box that is wrapped with a white lace.

Opening the box, I take a quick examination at the ring one more time, and then close my eyes and take a deep breath.

Me and Kennedy have been together for a little over a year, and I have had this ring for about almost a month. I am so confused on when I should propose to her.

All my friends have always been good at these kind of things, except for me. I am very surprised Kennedy has been with me for this long.

I start to hear footsteps coming up the stairs, so I quickly close the box without damaging it, and then put it back safely under the cabinet.

As I get stood up completely, she opens up the bedroom door with a smile on her face, relieved that she found me.

"Hey babe, what did Amanda want?"

"She asked me if we can babysit Andrew, her son. He is five and can go to the park with us, if that's okay with you."

I smile and nod my head. "Of course he can go with us, Kennedy."

She smiles at me and leans in for a hug.

I wrap my arms around her and kiss her on the forehead.

She looks up to me, with love in her eyes.

I'm so glad I have found someone like her. She's like an angel from heaven.

***

Kennedy Fain

After ten to fifteen minutes of waiting in the living room for Amanda and Andrew to show up, I hear the buzzer on the wall.

"Hey Kennedy, it's Amanda!"

I press the green button that opens up the front gates.

I open the front door and stand on the door frame, watching the car come up on the blacktop driveway, and notice little Andrew in the backseat, waving at me with excitement.

She gets him out of his car seat, and he immediately runs to me in happiness and hugs my legs.

"I have missed you so much, Ken!"

I hug him back laughing, but what's sad is that he doesn't know I don't speak.

Nate comes out of the doorway and stands behind me.

Amanda comes up to the front porch, intrigued.

"Kennedy, who is this handsome young feller?"

Nate starts to chuckle and holds his hand out for Amanda to shake.

"My name is Nate, Nate Ruess."

They shake hands and start to smile at one another.

"Oh, hello Nate. My name is Amanda."