Chapter 3

Hope you like this. please comment and vote and follow!

Disclaimer: this is all rick riordans yo.

Leo POV

I ran and ran until my lungs felt like they were gonna burst. I looked up and saw I was on a deserted road that appeared to be in the middle of nowhere.

I sighed and walked along the side of the road, taking in the news I had heard. It obviously wasn't me who taunted Reyna. But Piper said there were witnesses. What? This didn't make sense.

I heard a noise behind me and looked up. I spotted a cabin I'm the distance heading my way. And I knew I had to catch it.

I jumped and waved my arms, flailing whatever limbs I could. Finally the cab pulled up beside me. I opened up the cab door and became blinded by a flash of light.

I slammed the door closed and shut my eyes. What was that?

I heard chuckling coming from the cab.

"Sorry kid, just messin' with ya'. Hop in," the voice said.

I slid in the cab, my eyes finally adjusting from the ray of light that had blasted my retinas. I looked up and saw the one and only Apollo, smiling at me with his shiny ray bans and pearly whites.

"Apollo? What are you doing here?" I said.

"Excuse me? Shouldn't you welcome a god with more respect?"

"Sorry Lord Apollo. I'm just in a bad mood."

"Just messin' with ya, just messin' with ya. Ah, ya see I back talked to Zeus. He sent me down here to drive this here cab for a godly time out. So, where ya wanna go, homie?"

I never knew a god to speak with such slang, but that was fine by me.

"Umm," I answered, "I don't really know... uh, somewhere far away I guess?"

"Don't sound so confident," he joked.

But then his face became serious.

"A runaway demigod huh? You sure you wanna go down this road? There'll be a lotta monster to fight. I'd hate to see a good kid like you getting hurt."

"I don't really have a choice," I murmured. And I didn't. There was no one at camp that would sick up for me, much less believe me.

"Well oke doke kiddo, let's roll," he said. "We're going somewhere far away..."

And I didn't care. I clearly wasn't accepted at camp. But in the back of my mind I knew that maybe running away from my problems wasn't the best move. But maybe it was maybe the only move I had. And besides, I thought, it was too late to turn back now.

And that was the only thing I was sure of.