Chapter 12

Okkkkk so I feel terrible for not updating in forever. I've just been super busy with school and sports. I swim six days a week competitively so I hardly get any time to write. hope you understand:). I also didn't really have an idea where I was going with the story, but trust me, now I've thought up a KILLER plot and ending. No pun intended. jk. or maybe not. we'll see.

Disclaimer: ok I'm gonna stop doing these bc you already know it's rick Riordan lol

Leo POV

Reyna and I walked through the Fields of Adsophel, making our way to the doors. Because the doors were impossible to open from the inside, we figured we should try to sneak out as another person opened the door from the other side.

We stopped at the big white doors, waiting for them to open. I looked at Reyna. She was so pretty. Then I thought about what I must look like at the moment and shuddered.

"They're not gonna open, are they?" Reyna said, breaking the silence.

"No. It wouldn't be that easy." I replied.

"That means we have to go through the other way. Through Hades kingdom." she said solemnly.

I sighed. "I know. We'd better get moving."

We walked through Elysium toward the doors leading to Hades chamber. Then I noticed a giant hellhound a few feet away, eyeing the door.

"Well I guess we just can't saunter through," I said, nodding at the hound.

She nodded. "We need a distraction."

Then a lightbulb lit up in my brain.

"You don't happen to have a tennis ball on you?" I said.

"No. In case you haven't noticed, I'm kind of dead here," she said.

"Well sooorry! You look too gorgeous to be dead," I replied. And then my cheeks turned red. I guess that just kind of slipped out.

"Whatever," she said, her face flushed, "why don't you check in that thing around your waist?"

I looked down at my belt. "Give me a tennis ball," I said. And sure enough, I felt a fuzzy ball appear in the pouch. I pulled it out and gripped it.

"Get ready to run," I told Reyna.

"Eat fuzz, dawg!" I yelled as I threw the tennis ball. Lo and behold, the dog ran right after it.

Reyna and I sprinted toward the door and practically fell in. She tripped over my legs and would've fell to the floor if I hadn't caught her.

"Lucky catch," she muttered, with a smirky smile on her face.

I winked at her. "Just doing my job," I said. Yes, I definitely could get used to flirting.

She rolled her eyes and set off down the dark, murky pathway I realized we were on. I ran to catch up with her and braced myself for what was yet to come.

-----------------------------------------------------

Vote, comment, enjoy!

- baileyy