Chapter 5 Interceptor

"Sparrow!" Annalise called as she walked into the prison, spotting him lying down in a cell while a bone stuck out of the lock on his cell door.

She stared at it while Will stalked over to Jack's cell, stopping before the door and calling impatiently as the pirate didn't respond to Annalise: "You. Sparrow!"

"Aye." Jack replied, glancing up at them at last as Annalise joined Will.

Will cut to the chase immediately as he questioned: "You are familiar with that ship – the Black Pearl?"

Annalise's eyes narrowed as Jack lay back down, saying lazily: "I've heard of it."

"Where does it make berth?" Will demanded, and Jack repeated incredulously: "Where does it make berth?"

He lifted his head to stare at Will as he asked: "Have you not heard the stories?"

When Will blinked, clearly showing his confusion, Jack sighed and he laid his head back down as he told them: "Captain Barbossa," Annalise's eyes narrowed as she detected a slightly bitter note in his voice as he spat the name, "and his crew of miscreants sail from the dreaded Isla de Muerta. It's an island that cannot be found except," he looked back at them, "by those who already know where it is."

"And you know where it is." Annalise stated shrewdly, and Jack simply smiled at her.

"Mayhaps." He replied, and Will muttered: "The ship's real enough. Therefore its anchorage must be a real place. Where is it?"

"Why ask me?" Jack asked as he checked his nails.

"Because you know where it is." Annalise pointed out, and he shrugged: "What makes you so sure?"

"Because you're a pirate." Will interjected impatiently, and Jack grinned: "And you want to turn pirate yourself, is that it?"

Will's reaction was instantaneous, as he leaned into the cell bars and spat at Jack: "Never!"

Jack simply rolled his eyes and laid his head back down in disinterest. Annalise exhaled sharply, while Will growled, before he admitted in defeat: "They took Miss Swann."

"She's right there." Jack pointed out tauntingly, and Annalise growled: "My sister."

"Oh?" Jack asked, his eyes gleaming shrewdly as he glanced between the pair as though sizing them up.

"Ah, so it is that you've found a girl, and it's not this one. I see." Jack mocked Will as he gestured at Annalise, making her frown in confusion while Will glared.

Jack didn't care as he said dismissively: "Well, if you're intending to brave all, hasten to her rescue and so win fair lady's heart you'll have to do it alone, mate. I see no profit in it for me."

"We can get you out of here." Annalise offered immediately, and Jack raised a brow.

"How's that?" He asked. "The key's run off."

Annalise hesitated, but Will took over as he touched the cell door: "I helped build these cells. These are half pin-barrel hinges."

He turned, grabbing a nearby bench and heaving it up and onto the bottom of the door as he explained quickly: "With the right leverage and the proper application of strength... the door will lift free."

Annalise lit up and she turned to Jack smugly, before lifting a brow as she saw Jack examining Will intently.

"What's your name?" Jack asked suddenly, making Will and Annalise frown.

"Will Turner." Will answered slowly, and Annalise watched closely as Jack said casually: "That will be short for William, I imagine. Good, strong name. No doubt, named for your father, eh?"