Courteney...

...I wake up in a pool of sweat. The covers are sprawled out around me and there is a dim light coming from outside. It was a dream! Of course it was. I'm in love with Justin, not Brad! Trust me, I have been down that long, winding road!

I turn over slightly and see the blue light coming from my clock. 5:36. Great, just great.
I'm still tired but I know I won't get back to sleep no matter how hard I try.
I sit up as a shiver gets sent down my spine. I try and shake off the dream but I can't. I know you can't control your dreams but I vowed to never even speak of Brad again, let alone dream about him!

I go to open my curtains to let in some light and descend to my closet. I pull out some yoga pants and a blue top and get changed. Yoga has always helped me relaxed when I was stressed, of course I've never been this stressed before but, it's definitely worth a shot.

I walk slowly over to my window and grab my yoga mat. I roll it out and sit crossed legged on top of it. I start by stretching.
I eventually finish, and go to put my mat away. It wasn't that effective but it did help. I decide to get a shower, as I'm all sweaty from exercising. I remove my clothes and turn the shower on. I then get my phone and blast some music, loud enough to hear it over the water. What? I can't be the only one who has private shows in the shower!
I've just finished rinsing my hair when I hear a knock at the door.
Shit.
I turn the water off quickly and grab the towel next to me and wrap it around myself.

"Coming!" I yell, trying to sound as happy as I can. I reach the door and reluctantly pull it open.
"Jen!" Comes a familiar voice.
The sight of Courtney's face brought tears to my eyes.
"Oh Courtney!" I say hugging her a little too tight, whilst still holding on to my towel with one hand.
" what's that for? Are you okay?" She asks, with a worried tone In her voice.
"Something happened" I say, holding back the tears.
"Oh, what?" She asks.
" This movie I'm in..."
"Yes?"
"It...it... it has been causing so many problems lately! Like the fact that Justin has left me for the second time to 'clear his head', or maybe the fact that I nearly kissed my ex, or the fact that I might have feelings for him, again!" I semi-yell, tears streaming down my face.
She stares at me and doesn't say anything for a good few seconds, which makes me even more worried.
"Oh" she says, her mouth the shape of an 'o'.
" I could really use some advise right now" I say, heading into the living room and gesturing her to follow me. We sit down on the couch and I explain everything to her. The thing I love about Courteney is that she's so calm, something I wish I was.
"Ok, so let me get this straight. You got a role in a movie that brad also got a role in?"
"Yes"
" and then he showed up at your house and tried to stir things up between you and Justin, who, didn't know about the scene?"
"I completely forgot to tell him!"
" and to top it all off, you had a steamy, hot and sweaty dream about him last night and kissed him ?
I nod, " nearly kissed him"
I hear Courteney sigh and prepare my self for the cold hard truth.
"I really don't know Jen" she says apologetically.
" what" I stare at her in surprise. " no ' What the hell were you thinking!' Or ' wow, you have really screwed this one up'?"
She shrugs.
" well, let's get one thing straight, you love Justin, right?"
"Yes of course!" I say enthusiastically.
I'm technically not lying, I do love Justin, I just feel like I had some sort of connection with Brad the other day. Maybe it was all in my head but I felt so real.
" well then, there's your answer" she says looking at me.
I stare at her back in a confused way.
" you love Justin, not Brad! Make that clear to both of them!"
" yeah, I guess you're right" I say leaning over to hug her.
" of course I am!" She adds dramatically.
I giggle, not because of that but because I know I have the best friend in the whole wide world.
" thanks Court." I say standing up.
" no problem" she replies.
" you're welcome to stay tonight if you want?" I ask hopefully.
" I wish I could but it's Coco's school play today and I promised I would be there"
" ohhh, heck, how you gonna get out of that one?" I joke.
" i don't know" she laughs before opening the door.
"Bye!" I shout and I wave at her from the window. I hate having an empty house. It makes you feel so alone.
Well maybe today will be a good thing. A day to myself. A day without Justin. Who say's I can't have fun by myself?!

My optimism gets interrupted by a loud bang coming from upstairs...

Sorry about all these cliff hangers! 😬😬
I'm trying to make the chapters longer from now on, but leave comments wether or not you prefer shorter chapters more often or longer chapters less of often👇🏻👇🏻
Thanks for reading xx