{} 8 {}

I waited patiently on the balcony, letting the cool Angeles breeze drift by me. My legs skimmed the edge of the stone and I carefully balanced myself on the edge.

It was eleven fifty five, and I obediently stayed awake like he how told me. And, I would really love to say that I was that obedient, but unfortunately if I had the chance to sleep I would of taken it without a second thought.

Partly, I'm awake because I simply cannot fall asleep. I tossed and turned all night, it was frustrating enough that I finally embraced the fact that I literally couldn't fall asleep. So I angrily made my way over to the balcony, and breathed in the late summer air.

Now, I don't know if it was the silk lace nightgown, or the fact that I was sleeping alone on a massive bed, but I felt rather lonely, and out of place. Surprisingly, I longed for the old wooden bed that creaked every time me or my sisters moved. I missed the warmth that my sisters brought. Most of all, I missed the comforting knowledge that my family would be beside me every morning.

Sure, having all of this luxury was incredible, tempting even, but not even money could replace the one thing that I have grown accustomed to all these years.

My eyes hovered over the garden, and stopped abruptly over the gates that separated Illea from the rest of the world. It seemed so silly that a world free of castes and Selections and secret princes could be so close.

Yet defeatingly out of reach.

Suddenly, a knock sprung me out of my thoughts, and I jumped a little as I realized who it was. My heart raced quickly, and I lifted my legs over the edge to stand up, preparing myself to confront the sole person that I dreaded.

He didn't take much time though. After waiting a couple of seconds, he quietly walked in, closing the door behind him.

" Hello " He said quietly, and in a bit of a rush. Before I could pipe up the nerve to speak he gently pulled be towards the balcony, closing the glass doors behind him.

" Um, hi " I squeaked, awfully surprised

" You want to talk out, here? " I asked him and he nodded unsurely

" Yes, if that's okay with you. I've grown custom to the outside " he muttered and I nodded my head, silently understanding.

I know how you feel, I thought.

" So, um, why did you want to talk with me? " He looked slightly offended

" Not that it's not an honor, which it is " I continued

" Well, you're the first person in this entire time that has understood me, " He began

" And frankly you treated me like how I was treated before, that means a lot to me. Especially since everything has changed drastically for me these few months " He finished, and with that I concurred enough about him to last a lifetime.

He just wanted me so he could feel normal, nothing less, and certainly nothing more. But the fact of the matter is, I'm not a toy. . .

" Well, you know enough about me. I want to get to know you. Why you're here, your hobbies, dreams, hopes. Everything " He breathed a sigh of relief and relaxed, sitting on the banister.

" I didn't think you'd ask for my life story " I joked and he chuckled

" Well, If i'm going to marry one of you as my wives then I really want to get to know you for you. I don't want to marry a pretty face and find her intolerable afterwards "

His whole statement made me rethink the Selection completely, but knowing how those thoughts would turn out I shoved it out of the way.

" Well, I was born and raised in Waverly. " I began